Deodorant

Qing wen,

if anyone know where to find underarm deoderant minus anti-perspirant, like speed stick or old spice

people are putting thier surgical masks on when they sit next to me on the subway, and there hasnt been any recent SARS outbreaks

so i apparently the baby powder just isnt cutting it

also XL, real XL, not taiwan XL. crew neck plain white T’s.

Xie xie

[color=green]Title spelling corrected by mod. [/color]

costco has both.

If you try the search function with one key word like deodorant, you’ll come up with a few threads on this. Have a look! :slight_smile:

Thanks xtrain!

Watsons, Cosmed, Costco, Carrefour, Geant, 7-11… the list goes on and on my rank friend. Gillette has the best selection here.

There’s a clothing store on Jin Shan S. Road, not far from the intersection of Jin Hua Street, between Jin Hua and Ai Guo. They sell VERY BIG clothing. I only looked around in the ladies’ section, and most of that was far too big (amazing to find in Taiwan), like even up to size 32. They did have a large selection of men’s clothing, too. Couldn’t hurt to give it a try. A lot of the brands were the ones that Wal-Mart carries in the US, and they certainly do cater to the larger crowd there.

i look everywhere for Deoderant. I know everywhere has the kind with Anti-Perspirant. I can’t use this kind. Does anyone know where they sell plain underarm Deoderant, like old spice, right guard, speedstick. I really dont want have to order this from internet.

Thanks

[quote=“Dragonbones”]

[/quote]

interesting that miaow’s immigration adventures is first on that list. It sounds like some weird Japanese cartoon series.

Episode 1- Our alien cat friend makes it through the airport but gasp he has no deodrant! :astonished:

Can he find both a) some deodrant and b) a cute female sidekick (the only person who can see him) before the end of the first episode?

nah i searched all through it

everyone said they were buying it from

estoretaiwan.com

now it looks dead.

Yeah, estore is down for good, sorry. Your best bet for something like OldSpice deo is probably eBay. :idunno:

There is a nice store that sells foreign-sized clothing (many name brands) on Renai just next to the Florida Bakery… this is between Daan Rd. and Dunhua… if you are walking on the south side of Renai in an easterly direction, you just cross Daan after passing by the Renai Hospital and you will see the store.

It is actually quite hard to find deodorant in Taiwan. That is, deodorant, not anti-perspirant. Anti-perspirant is often white and chalky and contains aluminium chlorohydrate.

I can say for certain that Wellmann’s in Tianmu (472 Zhongshan North Road, Section 6) have Speed Stick and I think it goes for NT$150 a stick. Also, Jason’s has some sort of specialty brand of deodorant but I think it was around NT$250. I also have heard from threads here that those soapy smelly places that I never go into might also have some kinds of “natural” deodorant. These are places with names like Lush, Burt’s Bees and The Body Shop.

Try the POLO deodorant - Blue stick.
I SWEAR you still smell fresh at 6 PM !
Though a bit more expensive, ten times better than Nivea or others.

Breeze center usually stocks Adidas deodorant in 3 or 4 different “flavors”. Around NTD160 for a can.

thanks tigerman i will check out that clothes store

i give up on the deoderant search, ordered 6 sticks of old spice from amazon.com, have to have it shipped intra-us then have friend ship it to taiwan. :astonished:

if anyone really needs a stick like i did, let me know i can part with a couple.

[quote=“buddhaoneco@gmail.com”]I look everywhere for Deoderant. I know everywhere has the kind with Anti-Perspirant. I can’t use this kind. Does anyone know where they sell plain underarm Deoderant, like old spice, right guard, speedstick. I really dont want have to order this from internet.

Thanks[/quote]

My husband was always looking for the same, like Lynx or something…but ended up having to stock up every time we went home or on holiday somewhere as he never found it in Taiwan, after over 6 years of being there. You can find it in Thailand, Malaysia, Hong Kong, etc. so if you go to one of those places, or home, make sure you stock up.

Just confirmed with the wife.

02-2230-5445

Here is where she gets Mennen SPEED STICK “Fresh” deodorant for me. Its a deodorant not an anti-perspirant.
They ship all over the island. We usually get 8 sticks at a time, lasts me & the boy 6-7 months or so.

I just discovered that the supermarket in the basement of Sogo in Zhongli has both Speed Stick and Old Spice deodorants. They are around NT$160 per stick. I’ve checked other Sogos (in Taipei) and they don’t carry them.

Try baking powder - keeps the environment clear in more than one way.

I’ve still got quite a selection of Deodorant. If you haven’t gotten it yet drop me aline and I’ll update you one what I’ve got. E-store may be making a comeback soon so keep your eyes open.