Deodorant

Today I browsed a bit in a Filipino shop on Zhong Shan N. Road Sec. 3 (No. 49-3), called Bing Go. I noticed they had a wide selection of deodorant, but I didn’t look closely, as I’m already well stocked with my own. I saw the Secret brand, and a bunch of others.

[quote=“buddhaoneco@gmail.com”]I look everywhere for Deoderant. I know everywhere has the kind with Anti-Perspirant. I can’t use this kind. Does anyone know where they sell plain underarm Deoderant, like old spice, right guard, speedstick. I really dont want have to order this from internet.

Thanks[/quote]

Tw does not sell any of the brands you want.

Sorry.

Ask a friend to ship it over. Otherwise use Rexona (something like that) … but tw brand deoderants really suck.

I use luxury item deods. Pricey and not really worth it in the long run,but hey, with good money comes good and useless items.

enjoy and don’t smell…

[quote=“maybin”][quote=“buddhaoneco@gmail.com”]I look everywhere for Deoderant. I know everywhere has the kind with Anti-Perspirant. I can’t use this kind. Does anyone know where they sell plain underarm Deoderant, like old spice, right guard, speedstick. I really dont want have to order this from internet.
Thanks[/quote]
Tw does not sell any of the brands you want.
Sorry.
Ask a friend to ship it over. [/quote]Maybin -
This is not correct. As I posted on the previous page of this thread:

[quote]
02-2230-5445
Here is where she gets Mennen SPEED STICK “Fresh” deodorant for me. Its a deodorant not an anti-perspirant.
They ship all over the island. We usually get 8 sticks at a time, lasts me & the boy 6-7 months or so.[/quote]
Since I posted this we ordered and received 10 new Mennen Speed Stick FRESH sticks. This is ‘deodorant’ not 'anti-perspirant.
Ask for it and they will send it.

definately good news t-cowboy

What’s everyone’s favorite Deoderant/antipersperant?

Just wanna know. Mine is Brut. They don’t sell that here.

Lynx/Axe again not sold here, but it’s available in HK and the Philipines.

So no one knows where to get Old Spice High Endurance?

They used to sell it in the Breeze Centre but stopped a couple of years ago.

I am now livng down south and getting a bit tired of Ban anti-persperant.

I HATE anti-persperant. But it’s better than stinking up a storm.

So anyone know where to get it?

[quote=“Lo Bo To”]So no one knows where to get Old Spice High Endurance?

They used to sell it in the Breeze Centre but stopped a couple of years ago.

I am now livng down south and getting a bit tired of Ban anti-persperant.

I HATE anti-persperant. But it’s better than stinking up a storm.

So anyone know where to get it?[/quote]

I could’ve sworn I’ve seen Old Spice. Or was it aftershave? I love girls who wear antipersperant or deodorant (what the heck is the difference??). They walk by and leave a lingering smell. Not as strong as perfume (can be yucky in the hot weather) but very refreshing.
I’m starting to use some brand that starts with a “N”…I can’t remember, but they specialize in hand creams and lotions. The smell is very nice and not too strong. It comes in a blue stick.

Shows that Taiwan is a place for stinkers … :smiley:

Nivea?

To bring this old thread into the present:

kryptos_99 is looking for a deodorant - not an anti-perspirant - but the discussion ended up in the TEMP forum.
Since he was directed to this thread it seems useful to post some relevant excerpts from the temp’d thread here:

[quote=“yuli”]looks like what you need is something that lowers the pH of the skin area so that the bacteria that live there (quite naturally) can’t do their digestive work on the sweat, which produces that odour you don’t want.
Explanation:
First: don’t use soap when washing yourself - water is enough in most situations (typical exceptions: hands that are greasy or have suffered hygienically during toilet use and seriously dirty feet). The point of not using soap is to leave your skin’s pH alone, which means you are naturally less smelly and will (statistically speaking) suffer less likely from rashes, exzema, and the like.
Second: here is a very affordable solution (tested and approved by yours truly) to deal with unwanted odour: before leaving the house or on any other occasion when suppressing armpit smell is important, wash under your arms with water, dry the skin lightly, and then dab some lemon juice in your armpits (use natural, that is unsweetened, lemon juice, or you end up with sticky armpits :wink: ). You can also use Vitamin C - ascorbic acid - which you can buy as a powder and keep in a bottle, dissolved in water (you could also use vinegar, but that comes with its own distinct odour that you likely don’t want to share with people, either :wink: ). Best to keep the lemon juice in the fridge because in the hot weather it can go moldy (yes, there are molds that love a really low pH, and natural lemon juice does not contain preservatives). The anti-odour effect lasts a few hours, depending on how much you sweat and what kind of fabric your shirt is.[/quote]

[quote=“Icon”][quote=“yuli”][quote=“Icon”]I like this one:
berioska.com/producto.php?id=301
buy.yahoo.com.tw/gdsale/gdsale.asp?gdid=1123362
naturvital.com.tw/[/quote]
Are these safe? Good for your health? What’s in them?[/quote]
A lot less ingredients than the others, checked on the product safety website, all good. Made in Spain, BTW. :slight_smile:[/quote]
Enough options? :wink:

seems I hit a nerve, which I would never intend. This post wasn’t so much a WCIF as a rant against Watsons and their stocking only a-p, not deod. Still looking for a nice simple answer, tho: If you want deodorant, go to _________. Please don’t go out of your way to answer, and I’m not interested in some magical homemade potion (sounds interesting, tho). Really, it’s more of a curiosity: why is deodorant so hard to find here? And yes, there is a big difference b/w the 2, and axe will always suck (and apparently kill you when sprayed in confined spaces, as per that wiki link).

:laughing: I’m not Harry Potter… :wink: But i’ve always been interested in the magic of nature… :wink: