đŸ›« Departure | Night transfer to Taoyuan airport

Don’t bring your own food and/or drink either - Scoot does not allow the consumption of outside food and beverages on board - you have to pay the inflated prices for what’s on their menu. I am not sure if that includes water.

Yeah there’s not even free water on the flight.

Purchased a meal in-flight and it was absolutely awful.

3 Likes

You can bring water but you’ll have to tell them it’s for “medical purposes”.

2 Likes

That’s a rule I’d just ignore, and have ignored. They don’t have the opportunity to check whether you’re bringing food or drinks in your carry-on luggage (obviously the latter would need to be bought airside, but that’s nothing to do with the airline), so as long as you don’t take out a three-course meal and a six-pack in sight of a flight attendant, it’s fine IMO.

Worst case scenario is they’ll ask you to put it away, but they’re not going to arrest you or turn back the flight, so fuck 'em. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Yes they do now especially the discount airlines. The limit is usually 7KG for a carry-on! I’ve had this with multiple airlines - Thai Smile and Air Asia the most.

Some tricks around this is to not bring your carry on up to the counter if you’re traveling with others, or if you have a backpack as well point to your backpack and block their view of the carry on. If they catch you, tell them you have medicine in there you need with you at all times. That’s worked for me. The check in agent told me ok but they might make me check at gate, but I’ve never seen them weighing at the gate.

2 Likes

You need a luggage-jacket:

1 Like

I had a nice Rohan jacket with two layers of windproof material and a big zippered pocket to access the interstice, so you could fill it up with spare clothing Puff Dadee Stylee.

Got knicked.

They don’t make that jacket anymore.

Not fashion.

100 ml? That’s the limit for carry-on liquids, except sealed duty free bags.

Why? At Taoyuan Airport you can buy water from the numerous vending machines after security, and the airline isn’t going to be frisking you as you board the plane to see if you’re smuggling illicit water. It’s a non-issue - just stick it in your carry-on luggage and drink it if you’re thirsty.

1 Like

That’s the limit you can take through security. But plenty of people just empty their water bottle and then refill it later.

Plus of course buying drinks later.

Surprisingly that one time, I took Scoot, I was on red eye flight with my boss, so no breakfast, the stewardesses seems surprised when I ask for a rissotto-like meal priced at TWD 350.
They repeatedly several try to make me cancel my meal, by saying only exact cash accepted, no card, and later saying changes will be in SGD.
The meal was nothing like the one advertised in the in-flight magazine. Probably a yesterday’s leftover.

1 Like

Yep, I bought a meal two days ago in-flight cause I was starving. Was nothing like advertised. Got change back in SGD -_-

Just take an uber or taxi. Sheesh.