Despite all the problems, America’s future is bright

Here is an article showing why the USA will become stronger despite the negative sentiments.

Read it all here: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/06/opinion/06brooks.html

I got to wear shades.
I like all these long range predictions. Like 50 years from now everyone will have rocket boots and x-ray contact lenses.
I am also optimistic.

WHERE’S MY FUCKING JETPACK? :fume:

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”] Like 50 years from now everyone will have rocket boots and x-ray contact lenses.
I am also optimistic.[/quote]

You should be, Dr. McCoy ! Because if these boots and contact lenses show up, they likely will be a US invention:[quote]A comprehensive 2008 Rand Corporation study found that the U.S. leads the world in scientific and technological development. The U.S. now accounts for a third of the world’s research-and-development spending.[/quote]

Doyou ever wonder, who writes these things??? Well I do, and turns out this is also his brain child.

I am sure he gets paid millions to write what my grand mother told us…‘those long train rides will kill you sweety!’
Why would anything happen to the US in the next 40 years, nothing has happened since the Boston tea Party.

[quote=“divea”]
Why would anything happen to the US in the next 40 years, nothing has happened since the Boston tea Party.[/quote]

exactly, America is not in real trouble, and never really has been.

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”][quote=“divea”]
Why would anything happen to the US in the next 40 years, nothing has happened since the Boston tea Party.[/quote]

exactly, America is not in real trouble, and never really has been.[/quote]

And according to this guy they won’t be.

These are stories to keep the mass workers sane. Same with the glowing remarks about the job market.

Yep. Another consecutive month of “unexpected” jobless claims. How many months in a row does it take before they stop using “unexpected”?