Destination: Yilan

[quote=“Abacus”]200kms?

I got 112km from Taipei Main station to Yilan Train station going through Pingxi/Fulong. Or were you talking about doing hwy 7 from Tucheng (133kms)?[/quote]
I’m mixing things again xD

I was thinking of Tucheng (near SanXia), number 7… xD

[quote=“jesus80”][quote=“Abacus”]200kms?

I got 112km from Taipei Main station to Yilan Train station going through Pingxi/Fulong. Or were you talking about doing hwy 7 from Tucheng (133kms)?[/quote]

I was thinking of Tucheng (near Sanxia), number 7… xD[/quote]

that’s still only 133kms. The big thing is that your girlfriend doesn’t sound like she will be interested in long rides and you would be putting her through misery. I don’t think she would find the 50+ kms on Hwy 9 enjoyable either. She probably likes the 10-15km day trips though.

[quote=“Abacus”][quote=“jesus80”][quote=“Abacus”]200kms?

I was thinking of Tucheng (near Sanxia), number 7… xD[/quote]

that’s still only 133kms. The big thing is that your girlfriend doesn’t sound like she will be interested in long rides and you would be putting her through misery. I don’t think she would find the 50+ kms on Hwy 9 enjoyable either. She probably likes the 10-15km day trips though.[/quote]
Nah, I think that a very relaxed, slope-less 50 km ride is still doable for her. Or may be I’m a sadistic bastard… :smiley:

She will try to please you but you will be looking for a new gf soon if you push her to hard. It’s going to be hot as hell soon and what may have seemed slopeless on a motorcycle won’t seem slopeless on a bicycle.

And this is the kind of thing that you build up to. Maybe ship your bikes out to Fulong (or meet her there) and ride from there to Yilan along the coast. that’s still 50kms but the road is likely much more pleasant to ride than hwy 9.

[quote=“Abacus”]She will try to please you but you will be looking for a new gf soon if you push her to hard. It’s going to be hot as hell soon and what may have seemed slopeless on a motorcycle won’t seem slopeless on a bicycle.

And this is the kind of thing that you build up to. Maybe ship your bikes out to Fulong (or meet her there) and ride from there to Yilan along the coast. that’s still 50kms but the road is likely much more pleasant to ride than hwy 9.[/quote]

Uhm… not sure if I explain myself correctly. I meant that I could ride number 9 to Yilan (Jiaoxi), meet her there, and then ride around Jiaoxi. There are some nice places around and Yilan county is pretty plane. If she looks exhausted I will try to be more considerate than other times :smiley:

[quote=“jesus80”][quote=“Abacus”]She will try to please you but you will be looking for a new gf soon if you push her to hard. It’s going to be hot as hell soon and what may have seemed slopeless on a motorcycle won’t seem slopeless on a bicycle.

And this is the kind of thing that you build up to. Maybe ship your bikes out to Fulong (or meet her there) and ride from there to Yilan along the coast. that’s still 50kms but the road is likely much more pleasant to ride than hwy 9.[/quote]

Uhm… not sure if I explain myself correctly. I meant that I could ride number 9 to Yilan (Jiaoxi), meet her there, and then ride around Jiaoxi. There are some nice places around and Yilan county is pretty plane. If she looks exhausted I will try to be more considerate than other times :smiley:[/quote]

Jiaoshi is the slopeless 50km ride?

200 kms or so: earlier, someone mentioned Taipei-Yilan-Taipei. So i suggested the route Taipei-Fuxing-Baling-Yilan-Pingxi-Xindian which is about 220 km as far as i can remember. It is a brutal day. The climb back up to the heights from Yilan plain feels incredibly long after the previous 8 hours riding in the mountains.

And it’s not for beginners.

Beginners should simply ride north around the coast tog et home, which is longer but much flatter. :wink:

[quote=“Abacus”][quote=“jesus80”][quote=“Abacus”]She will try to please you but you will be looking for a new gf soon if you push her to hard. It’s going to be hot as hell soon and what may have seemed slopeless on a motorcycle won’t seem slopeless on a bicycle.

Uhm… not sure if I explain myself correctly. I meant that I could ride number 9 to Yilan (Jiaoxi), meet her there, and then ride around Jiaoxi. There are some nice places around and Yilan county is pretty plane. If she looks exhausted I will try to be more considerate than other times :smiley:[/quote]

Jiaoshi is the slopeless 50km ride?[/quote]

Not sure, but I’d say that that part of Yilan is quite plain… isn’t it?