Detailed maps of Yangmingshan

Does anyone now were i can find maps (or copy) in Chinese “M41” Datun Mountain and Yangmingshan National Park and “M42” WU Zhih Mountain Group. They seems to be out of printering…

I have no idea what M maps are but you can get good 1:25,000 scale maps of the area at the mountain shops near the train station. Richard Saunders also wrote a great book about Yangminshan.

Thanks again :notworthy: . Im think that Ms are standing for some areas in Taipei and around the city. About the hiking stores near the station…Which direction should i walk right or left or stright on? I tryid to aks the ladies on central tourist office…they had no idei what I talking about…

I have them now. If someone wonder…take direction on Zhongxia W.Rd from Taipei main station, than take right , walk to first crossroad,take left… it is a great hiking store between main station and Sheraton hotel.

www.tingsaniou.com.tw

I seem to recall a detailed map of that area when I was looking at tourist maps in the Tourism Center in the Metro Mall near SOGO. Get off the MRT at Fushing and enter the Mall. Walk toward Daan. It is along the main mall near the picture gallery. A very large selection of free maps of all areas.

[quote=“leto”]I have them now. If someone wonder…take direction on Zhongxia W.Rd from Taipei main station, than take right , walk to first crossroad,take left… it is a great hiking store between main station and Sheraton hotel.

tingsaniou.com.tw[/quote]

Good. That’s a reliable shop. Just remember that not all trails marked on maps will be in walkable condition. Trails overgrow very fast here though that is less of a problem with Yangmingshan. For that park the maps you can get at the visitor centre are fine.

I´m thankful to all of you who is answered my question.

I´m agree … it`s important to stay on trails and you have to learn about safety before you get in there.

leto, was it you who said he was available for mid-week hikes? If so send me (and just me, not the whole hiking club :slight_smile: ) a pm.

Enigma,

Can you give me a few more details about where to get those maps? I am a bit unclear regarding the directions.

(Mucha Man, I misunderstood the words from the begining…because I saw only one word… Sorry everyone)