Diaper-changing in public places

Erm…I took a piss in my empty Fanta cup during a rather long screening back in Oz…Cinema was virtually empty and I was so engrossed in the movie. I did however, have the decency to drop it in the trash on the way out.!!
:smiley:

I made the mistake of going to see “Young Guns” when it came out in theaters (boring movie, not worth a DVD rental if you haven’t seen it). About ten minutes before it started, a group of very drunk college girls came in, and one promptly threw up all over the floor of the theater.

The nauseating odor lent a perfect atmosphere to watching the movie, especially during the projectile-vomiting scene.

I would be upset too and probably started complaining in English very loudly, than my wife would kick me in the balls and tell me to mind my own business … welcome to Taiwan.

Aha! There’s the difference.

It never occurred to me though that people would change babies on a restaurant table. I can’t fucking wait until someone does that in front of me. I will enjoy smearing the offending sociopath’s face with its offspring’s soiled nappy.

Nice one Imaniou. If people weren’t so apathetic, selfish, and cowardly here sometimes, the place would be a damned sight better. Does anyone think Taiwanese people like to smell baby shit when they’re eating? Of course not. Selfish fucks like that do this shit because they know they’ll get away with it. That is changing, I think. But not quickly enough. Bet there were plenty of people in Costco thinking along the same lines you were.

Sometimes though I just have to remind myself that almost the entire population of Taiwan is not long out of the fields, and your old granny there may indeed just have been some farmer’s daughter whose husband got rich making screws that hold computers together or something. Or alternatively, the wife of some rich KMT higher-up who’s used to doing whatever she wants because hubby will just put any objectors in prison. I can see how they’ve grown up not rocking the boat, out of fear. But there are more and more Taiwanese people getting into things like environmentalism, animal welfare, and helping immigrants, all of which brings them face to face with very heavy vested interests.

I hear ya . Our wifes must have went to the same school.

Why doesn’t this happen to me when I’m riding on the Taipei MRT

follow the link:

abrutis-videos.com/video.php?id=991

[quote=“belgian pie”]Why doesn’t this happen to me when I’m riding on the Taipei MRT

follow the link:

abrutis-videos.com/video.php?id=991[/quote]

Very chic! I was planning on staying home today but for some inexplicable reason I’ve decided to take a ride on the MRT,just in case.

One afternoon while doing pick-up duty for my school, some guys in a car waiting at a light threw out some garbage. I walked over to the car, picked up the garbage and while handing it back to them said, “Dui bu qi, keshi wo xiang zhe shi ni de.” (Sorry, but I think this is yours.) They took it, rolled up the windows, and drove away.

I also chased down some Filipinos while I was staying at a resort in Cebu who decided to change their baby while I was hanging out on the beach, but then discarded the diaper on the sand and walked away. I told them, “I think you left something back there.” They scowled at me and went to pick it up and left.

It’s amazing how disrepectful people can be when they think they can get away with it, but it’s even more amazing how embarrased and humbled they can become when someone stands up to them and holds them accountable for their actions.

Just a morning walk to the trad market…

&

and life goes merrily on…

Great pictures. I love how clean Taipei is compared with Melbourne back home.

[quote=“Fortigurn”]Great pictures. I love how clean Taipei is compared with Melbourne back home.[/quote]I live in Tainan. That is where the pics were taken this morning.

Then go out to your car and do it, or if it happens often, don’t go to restaurants with your smelly offspring.
No one else want’s to smell or see your baby’s shite when they are eating, not to mention the very unhygenic implications regarding the whole affair. :bluemad:[/quote]

If they don’t want to look they can look away. If you don’t change the nappy it smells anyway. She’s talking about putting the baby down on a changing mat on a table, not wiping its arse with the bloody tablecloth.

People have babies, babies poo, pooey babies need changing, Taiwan lacks changing facilities. These are the facts.

Changing the baby in your car is a good suggestion, as long as one has a car. The other suggestion is obviously unhelpful.

Not excusing the MRT woman though.

Many restaurant toilets in Taiwan are filthy, unhygenic places, so by your logic, this would make it perfectly acceptable to just drop trous and lay a pile of dogs eggs in the restaurant eating area? I didn’t think so. :noway:
Is baby shit somehow less revolting than adult shit? I didn’t think so.

Sandman, although I did explicitly state

[quote=“smithsgj”] She’s talking about putting the baby down on a changing mat on a table, not wiping its arse with the bloody tablecloth.

[/quote]

I didn’t think it was necessary to specify

or

[quote=“Nobody”] Don’t actually empty the nappy in situ(!), instead take it with you and dispose of it hygienically.
[/quote]

Perhaps you and the trouser-dropping brigade can find an analogy which holds a bit more, er, water? Where nappy-changing facilities are provided (as at MRT stations), are you suggesting that it is OK for adults to go and defecate over them? Because actually that is the logical extension of your bizarre analogy!

Many restaurant toilets in Taiwan are filthy, unhygenic places, so by your logic, this would make it perfectly acceptable to just drop trous and lay a pile of dogs eggs in the restaurant eating area? I didn’t think so. :noway:
Is baby shit somehow less revolting than adult shit? I didn’t think so.[/quote]
Many restaurants in Taiwan are filthy, unhygenic places, so sure, why not??

A few things:

1. Adults don’t have to lie down on the toilet floor. Baby must be laid down in order to change his/her diaper. Without a diaper changing table or enough room next to the sink, it’s pretty difficult to do. Believe me, I’ve tried - the fear of being condemned by other people actually made me take the risk of infecting my baby with god-knows-what-sort-of-parasites. That is NOT normal.

2. But then again… I don’t approve changing poopy diapers in restaurants or small closed rooms like an MRT train. I gotta love my kid cause he has never pooped in public - maybe cause I told him right after he was born that if he ever craps his diaper in public, he can kiss his mom goodbye. He didn’t poo for 2 days when we came to Taiwan :stuck_out_tongue: If he did… I don’t know. I guess I’d let him be and leave as soon as possible. The poo doesn’t smell much when it’s squeezed between the baby’s bum and a disposable diaper - but when you take the diaper off… MY GOD!!! I’m sure you’ve heard that your own kid’s poo doesn’t make you puke … well that’s not true. :noway:

So there is a big difference between changing diapers and changing poopy diapers. The first is ok, the latter is evil. :smiling_imp:

[quote=“Notsu”]A few things:

1. Adults don’t have to lie down on the toilet floor. Baby must be laid down in order to change his/her diaper. Without a diaper changing table or enough room next to the sink, it’s pretty difficult to do. Believe me, I’ve tried - the fear of being condemned by other people actually made me take the risk of infecting my baby with god-knows-what-sort-of-parasites. That is NOT normal.

[/quote]
The whole fucking point is that changing a shitty diaper on a restaurant table is unhygenic! People who do so are running the risk of infecting ME and whoever else later eats at that table with god-knows-what-sort-of-parasites.
I realize that Taiwan’s lack of baby-changing facilities, and generally filthy washrooms, makes it inconvenient to change the baby, but don’t do it on a restaurant table! Please!

[quote=“bababa”][quote=“Notsu”]A few things:

[/quote]
The whole f***ing point is that changing a shitty diaper on a restaurant table is unhygenic! People who do so are running the risk of infecting ME and whoever else later eats at that table with god-knows-what-sort-of-parasites.
I realize that Taiwan’s lack of baby-changing facilities, and generally filthy washrooms, makes it inconvenient to change the baby, but don’t do it on a restaurant table! Please![/quote]

Guess you didn’t read the second part of my post. :unamused:

Babies hardly ever have parasites btw. Mainly cause they don’t use public toilets and don’t eat filthy fruits. If you want to complain, complain about the bad smell and ugly sight - I believe that cannot be argued.

No baba, there is no real hygiene issue. No actual poo even comes into contact with the changing mat, never mind the table, unless you really mess up big time. Also what you can do is wipe the table with a babywipe once you’ve finished, to make doubly sure.

Fact is you’re all squeamish :raspberry: You do actually poo yourselves, don’t you?

Actually all this started out as a complaint against Taiwanese behaviour… call me unobservant, but I don’t think I’ve seen a nappy being changed here more than once or twice. People don’t take very young children out so much… perhaps because of the lack of facilities.