Did anyone write a manual on how to date a Taiwanese lady?

Ok, this may be my uterus talking, but you boys don’t ever feel the urge to dropkick lil’ kitty over the back fence?

[quote=“TomHill”]Oh dear. She is playing at being an adult, but betraying signs of childishness. Just take your heart out and smash it on a rock. It’ll be quicker in the long run.

If you think this:

when you see her, then please be aware it is a natural attack strategy used by Taiwanese women. She is saying, ‘come here to me, I want your nuts in my trophy cabinet.’[/quote]

hahahahaha, lol :thumbsup:

Oh I wonder wonder who, be-doooo who
Who wrote the book of love

edit

Theres no set standard my friend. You will find in the end Taiwanese women to be just like the women from your own country. The same-ness far outweigh any differences. Also most differences are individual.

No need to worry. Its the same uncharted territory as with any woman. The same landmines.

Taiwanese young ladies are the same as others. They can hurt you or you can hurt them. Or it could all work out??

By the way, I dont think you should let this one slip away if shes made such an impression on you and is receptive to you as well.

Could be the love of your life there?

Taiwanese girls do tend to be hard to get out of your system though :slight_smile: Just ask Tomhill about that. They do have a way to pull all your strings.

So keep your escape hatch open in case shes not as into you as you are into her (did I say that right?) and you need to be able to survive the encounter .

p.s. Yes they are all bossy.

p.p.s. Look for the twinkle in their eyes , if they want you bad, their eyes twinkle :slight_smile:

I once had a class and half of it was related to each other… yes, 4 sisters in the same class - and yes there was a hierarchy, with oldest sister talking a lot and the others nodding their heads in unison. I observed something similar in both my wife’s parent’s families (they both have around 8 or 9 silblings) and the older sister’s tend to rule. Initially the eldest son seems to have the most power - but that’s just mommy giving him preferential treatment… I think the mom’s do it to harden the females up even more ~ In quite a few of the families of the students I’ve taught, at meal times, the girls have to wait for the males of the family to have their share of the meat and fish first. In quite a few cases the males turn out a bit stunted and spoilt, while the women end up being more able bodied and independent (and perhaps a little bossy).

Then again - I’m just generalising and not every family is like how I described, I’m just trying to make some sense of what you may be experiencing.

My wife is also an older sister and was a little bossy to start with… tried to take the upper hand a few times ~ for example, very early in the relationship, I came home 20mins late from work and she had cooked for me, because I was late the food had gotten a little cold, she was upset and said that I couldn’t have it ~ that when her friend’s boyfriend came home late, he wasn’t allowed to eat his food either. I appologised, but she was still being firm, so I just said no - problem, I prefer my own cooking anyway and she looked gob smacked (most Taiwanese guys couldn’t make a sandwich with instructions), I cooked up a full meal and thoroughly enjoyed it… I think she was hoping that after I had appologised, that I got on my knees and cried (like her friend’s very Taiwanese boyfriend - now husband, who although is very nice, is also a bit spoilt and girly - uses skin care products… moisturising lotions etc…). After the wife and I bumped heads a few times and I didn’t show any willingness to take second place, we ended up respecting each other more.

haah good one Doc jelly. But all ya’s got to do is take her in your arms and make her feel GOOD brother man and she will heat up that meal in a jiffy.

You’s went to all that trouble to make a point, but you coulda gotten her happier with a few kind words.

Course, caveat here, I wouldnt know your wife as well as you, so maybe that was the only available action there. And a pat on the back is in order . :slight_smile:

Mutual respect is the key. But make sure she believes shes the boss and make sure she KNOWS shes loved at ALL TIMES>…else she may think bout gettin even. They are vengeful little critters.
Plus if they cant control you, they feel unsafe and will emotionally dump you. And that will lead to bad things.

p.s. chances are they have seen how their mommies control their daddys and if they cant do the same to you, they feel lost and start thinking all sorts of shit about your relationship, etc etc.

edit

[quote=“N1848N”]T

What I have seen with is that the oldest daughter tends to be a little more mature, but, is often over indulged by the parents, becomes “spoiled” and demanding, she can be bossy and expects her siblings - later her spouse - to listen to her harangues without question. Not always of course, but I have seen that elsewhere. The next oldest female sibling tends to be a little resentful of having missed out on Eldest Daughter’s status, but the younger ones learn early on to simply go with the flow.
[/quote]

Yes, yes and er yes

My wife is a middle daughter with an older and younger sister. Whilst the eldest doesn’t harangue too much, she does take advantage of her mothers generosity, which my wife resents because she doesn’t get treated in the same way. The younger sister just takes it as it comes.

[quote]4) sending flowers: when should you, when shouldn’t you, send them to her office or have them dropped off at home? Roses, red, yellow, or some other flower, and is there some flower or color you should really, really avoid.

Adjunct question: can anyone give me a Pinyin translation of " from your not so secret admirer"
[/quote]

All loser and needy behaviour…get a grip man! Have you done the deed yet?

1. Do the deed first.
  2. Flowers later. Maybe.

This is how you effing lose control in the first place. “from your not so secret admirer”? Pass me the sick bag.

Never send white flowers. They are used at funerals and associated with death. Even the educated Taiwanese are extremely superstitious.

[quote=“N1848N”]

1. What do I feed her for dinner? [/quote]

Is she a pet?

Call me crazy, but you could just ask her what she wants to eat and then take her there.

edit

[quote=“grumpy”][quote]4) sending flowers: when should you, when shouldn’t you, send them to her office or have them dropped off at home? Roses, red, yellow, or some other flower, and is there some flower or color you should really, really avoid.

Adjunct question: can anyone give me a Pinyin translation of " from your not so secret admirer"
[/quote]

All loser and needy behaviour…get a grip man! Have you done the deed yet?

1. Do the deed first.
  2. Flowers later. Maybe.

This is how you effing lose control in the first place. “from your not so secret admirer”? Pass me the sick bag.[/quote]

Me real HE-man, me never give flowers ever and me do deed mucho fasto.

p.s. LOVe that pic from Satellite. Asians girls - they know how to git ya.

YES> NEVER SEND WHITE FLOWERS …EVER.

on that subject NEVER give a CLOCK . Watches are ok, but preferably not on birthdays, but for Christmas or just as a gift. On birthdays tend to mean “your time is up”.

Never give handkerchiefs either, because its like saying “you will need these”

what else?

[quote=“N1848N”][quote=“Mugatu”][quote=“N1848N”]

1. What do I feed her for dinner? [/quote]

Is she a pet?

Call me crazy, but you could just ask her what she wants to eat and then take her there.[/quote]

“Is she a pet?” No. However, the thought has crossed my mind that I might be.

“Ask her what she wants to eat and then take her there”: Hmm, sounds like a rather risky, unproven and unconventional approach, but, this is the kind of situation where thinking outside the box probably has a better chance of success. Actually, in my original post, neither she nor I are in Taiwan, I met her working in another country far far from home. She complains about the kind of food that’s available locally. I did ask her, what’s your favorite food, and I got an answer, but, it was in Chinese and I could make no sense of it, other than that it was not available locally nor could she get the ingredients to make it with.[/quote]

Why do you pick the difficult ones?? My girl interests have never had trouble asking to go to the most expensive restaurant in town if I said I wanted to treat and had no trouble ordering that expensive drink, followed by that expensive whore-durve, followed by that pricey soupen, followed by that caesars salad , followed by that expensive steak, followed by that got ya desert. No trouble at all. You get the fussy eater and all yas want to do is eat her anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

I have run into a Taiwanese girl like that though (went out with her only twice) who was extremely fussy an eater and is vegetarian too. She said that she has trouble going on second dates because soon as they find out shes a vegetarian they dont ask her out again.

:roflmao:

Bless you tommy! Do you eat those a lot?

:roflmao:

Bless you tommy! Do you eat those a lot?[/quote]

nO, she does.

edit