Did I commit some sort of cultural fox pass?

I tried asking someone to help me with my winning lottery receipts suggested I post them to her and she can cash them in, use the cash to buy me a couple of books online and keep the change but she didn’t seem to like that suggestion and blocked me soon after
Did I commit some sort of cultural fox pass?

I know nothing about Fox Pass, but it looks nice, though.
Fox%20Pass

As for the receipt lottery debacle, here’s where you screwed up.

Try this next time.

“Hey, I just won X amount of dollars on the lottery receipts, I’m not really certain how to redeem them. If you teach me how to do it and help me cash them in, I’ll use the winnings to take you out for a nice dinner as a thank you.”

Winner%20winner

7 Likes

Thanks yeah I guess people get funny about money could have put it more tactfully, although the issue is that I’m not in Taiwan to cash them in
She may also have blocked me because of what I said after although that makes less sense to me. This is someone I’ve been friendly with and know irl she even invited me to a mid autumn festival thing :man_shrugging:

Maybe she’s an English teacher.

4 Likes

Actually not quite, but she is in that line of work. However, the difference is suttle.

Not a cultural faux pas, more like a universal one. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

More like just being a pan in the ox

7 Likes

How so? I mean the way she responded you’d think I was asking her for her bank details or something. The idea seemed mutually beneficial to me

I thought @tempogain quite accurately summarised your request to this girl right above :slight_smile:

How much did you drink at the “mid-autumn festival thing”? Did you make a pass at her, or maybe worse, not make a pass at her?

Nahh I didn’t end up going
Although I did tell her I fancied her almost a year ago and she said “I don’t know, maybe” and then a bit later I asked her if she wanted to do something and she didn’t respond but things seemed amicable enough after that (she invited me to that thing after all)

1 Like

Aside from the obvious, she may also be unwilling to participate in a stupidly complicated maneuver that has the added benefit of being technically illegal, if you aren’t, in fact, in Taiwan.

Once you leave Taiwan it’s like you’re dead.

1 Like

It’s illegal to give someone your winning lottery ticket? How so?

It’s illegal to collect if you’re in another country

Where does it say that?

Where doesn’t it?
Why would it be OK?
Kind of defeats the whole purpose, don’t you think?

Everywhere as far as I can tell
Because it hurts no one
No

Whatevs.

Verdict: It’s totally legal! Yay!