Did Lien Chan Ever Beat His Wife?

Yeah now it’s not a rumor. :?: :!: :expressionless:

Well said Mod Lang.

Ok then, what if I said that the current “President” gets beaten by his wife? She’s in a wheel chair and still packs a punch. The “Pres” spouts off some crap and goes home and she smacks him in the crotch.

That would be a completely unfounded rumour, in fact I just made it up, but I find it much more interesting than some of the reports the newspapers are printing about stuff that happened years ago.

It would make for a juicy story though, wouldn’t it?

Let’s face it, anyone who runs for President has a whole lot of stuff hidden under the rug. They’re all crappy, but given the choices on offer, I hope Chen gets his ass kicked in this erec… election.

I happened to see Lien Chan’s wife at a banquet on the evening of Feb. 20th. I was standing right next to her for several minutes.

She looked fine to me.

(I don’t know if this comment is worth anything.)

he said, she said. we’ll never know.

but now gossip guy MATT DRUDGE is being raked over the coals in the USA for allegedly beating his lover intern. Read here:

mediachannel.org/views/disse … t145.shtml

“When did you stop beating your wife?”

It’s the ultimate unanswerable allegation – up there with “When did you stop having sex with children and interns?” Simply asking the question is enough to force the accused to prove a negative. And in today’s hyperkinetic, scandal-saturated, 24/7 media culture, simply asking those questions – without a scintilla of evidence to back them up – is also enough to begin a rapid race to the bottom.

Allegations of wife beating came to mind recently when Internet gossipmeister Matt Drudge…

Chen didn’t say that Lien beats his wife, he said that he (Chen) never does.

I think “beat” is the wrong term. The way I recall it, Lien pushed his wife down a small landing of stairs and she had to get medical attention.

[quote]TAIPEI, Taiwan (AP) _ The daughter of a Taiwanese presidential candidate filed a libel lawsuit against a magazine Wednesday, alleging the publication falsely reported that she has written a series of letters to a friend about her father beating her mother.
Opposition candidate Lien Chan’s daughter Arlene denied writing the letters featured in the cover story of this week’s Next Magazine, a muckraking publication founded by Hong Kong media tycoon Jimmy Lai.
These letters don't include one that I've written. This is an exaggerated matter. There completely isn't this person (the alleged friend) and these letters. This is just a soap opera,'' she told reporters on the courthouse steps. Next Magazine said that an unidentified news source’’ provided 14 letters that Lien’s daughter allegedly sent in the early 1980s to a former classmate at Taipei American School. The classmate, identified only as Jane,'' now lives in the United States, the magazine said. The magazine reprinted parts of some of the letters, written in English. It also provided photos of the originals missives and their envelopes. The magazine blotted out the receiver's address on the envelopes. One letter said, I hate Chinese schools and I hate seeing my father beat my mother all the time.’’
Another letter said, My mother left to the States, I miss her a lot, but, I can't say, because if I do, my father will have enough evidence against her so that he could beat her.'' Next Magazine said that it hired a handwriting expert to analyze the letters. The magazine said it concluded that that the reliability of these letters is extremely high.’’[/quote]

well it’s never gunna be proved in a court of law since his missus is now standing by him…so i guess we’ll never know empirically…but god he’s a horrid little creature isn’t he? i wouldn’t put a whole host of crimes past a kunt with his physiognomy (sp!) …he strikes me as one of the most mean-spirited politicians i’ve ever set eyes on…

so it was in next magazine, and he looks mean…

personally i think he’s a nightmare and would like to believe it’s true. but the more of this bullshit i see the less i believe it.

Does he beat his wife?

Only when she deserves it.

What percent of Taiwanese would vote for him if they saw him beating his wife. Maybe it wouldn’t change their vote one bit.

Hmm. With an ugly, droopy dog face like Lien’s, maybe we should be asking if his wife beats him. That guys face is only a couple of grades up from Taco Bell ground beef. :slight_smile:

I also cannot help but rather cynically wonder if the allegations, however well established, are likely to cost him any votes. And I take the evidence of the letters apparently written by his daughter as all but conclusive proof that the allegations are only too true. I’m sure that Next magazine would never have taken the risk of publishing the letters if their expert advice had not convinced them beyond any doubt of their authenticity – it would be suicide to do so, because otherwise the damages that would be awarded against them, not to mention any other penalty, would more than likely be enough to put them out of business.

I can hardly imagine how any decent man who respects women and would never raise a finger against one, and any woman in her right mind, could possibly bring themselves to vote for a presidential candidate with such an apparent stain on his character. But vote for him they will, and almost certainly in large enough numbers to give him a convincing victory in the election. I’m almost tempted to say that any woman who casts a vote for him deserves to be beaten up by her husband or boyfriend, but perhaps I shouldn’t go as far as that.

I wouldn’t consider a wife-beater as fit to be entrusted with any kind of authority, least of all that of running a country.

Any man who violently abuses a woman, especially the mother of his own children, ranks among the lowest of the low in my estimation, no matter what his educational level or other credentials may be.[/quote]

It is said they make good concentration camp guards… according to certain studies about nazi camp guards.

And if true, (and I recall one incident years ago that got some coverage before being hushed up), it is really amazing to see the Liens rally around the feedbag of greed to do whatever it takes to win the presidency.
For god’s sake, Lien and Soong teaming up is enough to make you want to puke.
Look in the phrasal dictionary under “There’s no honor among theves” and there you see the campaign banner of Lien and Soong, arm in arm.