Did Oil Execs Lie to Congress?

Did the oil execs lie to Congress about particpating in Cheney’s energy taskforce?

[quote]At a Senate hearing last week on record oil profits, Democratic Sen. Frank Lautenberg of New Jersey asked five executives, “Did your company or any representatives in your companies participate in Vice President Cheney’s energy force in 2001?”

Each executive answered the question in the negative.

However, The Washington Post reported Wednesday that a White House document showed some companies did in fact meet with the task force. It said the document showed officials from Exxon Mobil Corp. (Research), Conoco (Research), Shell Oil Co. and BP America Inc., whose executives testified at last week’s Senate hearing, met with Cheney aides.

A Chevron (Research) official also testified at the Senate hearing, but the company was not named in the White House document.

Providing false testimony to Congress is punishable by up to five years in prison, Lautenberg said. [/quote]

I suppose any oil execs heading to prison should be able to bring plenty of petroleum jelly. It’s good for chapped skin, you know.

[quote=“mofangongren”]Did the oil execs lie to Congress about particpating in Cheney’s energy taskforce?

[quote]At a Senate hearing last week on record oil profits, Democratic Sen. Frank Lautenberg of New Jersey asked five executives, “Did your company or any representatives in your companies participate in Vice President Cheney’s energy force in 2001?”

However, The Washington Post reported Wednesday that a White House document showed some companies did in fact meet with the task force. It said the document showed officials from Exxon Mobil Corp. (Research), Conoco (Research), Shell Oil Co. and BP America Inc., whose executives testified at last week’s Senate hearing, met with Cheney aides.

A Chevron (Research) official also testified at the Senate hearing, but the company was not named in the White House document.

Providing false testimony to Congress is punishable by up to five years in prison, Lautenberg said. [/quote]

I suppose any oil execs heading to prison should be able to bring plenty of petroleum jelly. It’s good for chapped skin, you know.[/quote]

Uh.
Bear?
Defecate?
Buckwheat?

Please stop it, mofangongren - you know very well that they didn’t lie. They were either mistaken, making those statements based on their believes or just didn’t have all the information.

Warning: the above post may contain a certain amount of sarcasm.

Yeah sort of like Fischer genuinely believed that he was acting in Germany’s best interests. Ditto for Schroeder, but, er, they are gone now aren’t they? hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahh
hhohohohohohohohohohohohohoheheheheehehehehe
heehehehehhahhahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahah

Well, I for one would like to finally see a headline that doesn’t revolve around GOP leaders lying. Perhaps USA Today has a cheery infographic.

Yeah, MFGR, I know what you mean. Allegations about lying are equal to lying. I kind of miss the old Clinton Days when a lie was a lie was a lie unless it was a lay. Get it? haha

Well, it’s also really hard to go from trusting a president, thinking that he’s carrying out his duties in an appropriately sincere manner … and then getting your world turned upside down.

That didn’t happen to me, but I keep running across folks who used to be ardent admirers of Bush’s “moxie” (or “mojo” or something like that) who now think the whole Iraq adventure was a sack of crap from the get-go and are kicking themselves that they didn’t see it. It’s hard for these people to have to admit they were wrong about Bush. Frankly, after 9-11 I was trying to give the guy a chance, hoping for the best for America and for everyone.

But Bush is a bit like a big galloophing dog one of my relatives had. You hoped the best and, sincerely, wanted to get through at least one meal without a ruckus erupting. You could just see the gears in his mind spinning when food was on a table somewhere. You could see him walking over and sniffing. If somebody didn’t say “NO!” right at that point, the damn dog was going to be on the table in 2 seconds eating the lasagne. Shout “NO!” when he was already on the table, and he’d simply eat faster. Grab his collar, and he’d let out a growl that could wither the nozzle on a postman’s pepper spray can. That dog is the Bush presidency encased in fur.

[quote=“mofangongren”]Did the oil execs lie to Congress about particpating in Cheney’s energy taskforce?

I suppose any oil execs heading to prison should be able to bring plenty of petroleum jelly. It’s good for chapped skin, you know.[/quote]

A flame bait article from CNN that is going nowhere. The key figures have been trying to find out who was on the VP