Did Roxy die in vain?

i posted this message i recieved because i know that others will feel the same way but were afraid to speak out, and this person was also afraid to put it in the forum. But that is his/her choice. I had the exact same reaction when this first happened, “Shit if i had only minded my own business”, but then i thought about it and talked to friends and i know i am not the kind of person who can just walk away, the same way if my next door neigbour was beating his wife, i wouldn’t turn a blind eye, i would go and talk to the wife and try to help her in any way i could. This to some people would also be not minding my own business. However, i feel that i would be doing something that helps a person in need. The same way as i feel i am helping these dogs in need.

Last night roxy was on TV because i did a show a couple of months back, it was so difficult to see her,but she was sooo happy, wagging her tail, running around, and just being the Roxy that i love so much. I am very luck to have that memory. The tv station will be sending me the DVD and i will have it with me always along with her and all her photos. I wish deeply that things could be different, but i know if i had the time again i would still do everything i could to help these dogs.

I really hope more and more people learn NOT to turn their backs on things. To look and see and take a stand. Making our own little world safe isn’t going to make our lives any better, we don’t live in bubbles. We have to make the difference in this world, one step at a time.

Dear bikerchic,

I’m very sorry to hear about your loss. Roxy must have got lots of love and care from you and I’m sure she wouldn’t regret the life she had. Did the poison have anything to do with that man in question? I do not think that Roxy died in vain, apart from the reasons that others have mentioned, your efforts to save those dogs and the story of Roxy are inspiring. I, for one, will take your urge and keep it in mind.

Its not your fault that Roxy died from eating poison purposely placed where she could get to it. Its the fault of the jagoff who purposely placed the poison so that Roxy could get to it.

Its that simple.