Did the Iranian twins commit a kind of suicide?

Or was one murdered?

HG

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,6747367%255E2703,00.html

[quote]Twin bullied into surgery: father
From The Sunday Times and agencies
July 14, 2003
AS Iranian twins Ladan and Laleh Bijani were buried side by side but in different graves at the weekend, claims have been made that the more dominant of the two may have bullied her sister into the fatal attempt to separate them by surgery.

The twins, 29, who were joined at the head, died last Tuesday during marathon surgery at the Raffles Hospital in Singapore.

The claims were made by the adoptive family of Ladan and Laleh. Alireza Safaian, a doctor who adopted the twins, has accused the surgical team of killing the women. He and his natural daughter said Ladan, the more forceful of the two, pressured Laleh into accepting the operation, even though the surgeons gave them only a 50 per cent chance of survival.[/quote]

The story HG dug up sounds like the protagonist in Jim Carey’s Me and Irene who was fighting against his aggressive self. A fascinating set of dramas play out in their decision in light of this story. Maybe the forceful one wanted to die and connived with the Singaporean doctors as a path to death.
But strong personalities tend to be willing to take greater risks and many of these strong-willed individuals think they have stonger immune systems and ability to survive, so the forceful one may have thought she would survive – even if the other may did not.
Now the less strong-willed one perhaps was not such sacrificial sheep and she, out of loving deference for her sister, went along with her wishes. The strong-willed one wanted to die famous and painlessly while anesthetized.

Somebody help me. I’m really losing it this time.

yes, as quirky says, suicide is painless, apologies to M.A.S.H. the movie’s theme song…

– formosa recovering