Did you build up immunity to old leftover food?

Had some leftover food yesterday (Spring roll like Burrito) that I ate last night after it was made in the morning sitting out in the hot car in the sun. Also some holiday food that sits on table like at New Years. Anyways I thought maybe today I will have tummy problem but, none what so ever , yet when (pre covid) I would sometime get food related illness overseas but not here so much even though I am sometimes not careful about eating old food. So what do you think did you build some food immunity as you stay longer in Taiwan or maybe something in the air water preserves the food longer or kills bad bacteria?

Never been ill in Taiwan from food.

Ecuador on the other hand :cowboy_hat_face: Made the mistake of enjoying some street food with lettuce. It was coming out of both ends for days. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I suspect that one’s immune system and gut microbiota gradually build up a tolerance to the common local food-borne pathogens (or at least some of them) upon moving to a new country, making it more difficult to get sick on subsequent exposures.

1 Like

Food that’s deep fried or cooked at higher temperatures should actually be almost sterile if not touched afterwards by hands. It needs a longer time to spoil than food that is served raw or partially cooked.

1 Like

ha, good to know!

What is “air water”? Something like steam?

1 Like

They mean Fengshui, I guess.

1 Like

No, that’s “water air.”