Did You Get Your Economic Stimulus Check?

I sure did. 600 bucks.

heehee

:beatnik:

I got my US$300 because I paid no taxes last year.

What - someone’s going to check my stimulus? Oh, you mean cheque! :smiley:

I mailed in my return in early July.
I think if you file electronically they credit you electronically.
But for some reason, filing late, from abroad, I mail it in,
in which case they mail the check.
Jeez I wonder if they mail it to Taiwan.

Still no check in the mail.
Then again, this embodies 2 of “the 3 great lies” at once…

1. your check’s in the mail
  2. I’m from the govt and I’m here to help you

(3. I promise I won’t … in your mouth)

I wonder what the 3 great lies of PRC or ROC are…

PRC: "1. you can apply here for a permit to protest… (bring your kidneys…)
2. no outside interference in internal affairs! (we reserve that for Taiwan and Tibet…)

ROC "1. the electrical and the plumbing have been inspected and are up to code…

OK I"m gonna split this off to another thread.

I filed late last year and this year, past the extension date too.

Yup.

Same here. Strange economic stimulus for the US when the money just came straight to Taiwan…

I took mine back and spent it there during my summer vacation.

Mine came in the other day. USD300.

Where’s my stimulus? Oh bugger, I’m a Brit so get sod all. Ah well, it’s something else to whinge about though :wink:

Don’t worry - US$300 works out to about a tenner in pounds :laughing:

… and what did you spend it on?

• a 1 year multiple entry PRC visa
  • 3 outcalls from Yuki
  • an xbox-360
  • two 1TB hard disks
  • KLM nightly round-trip to Bangkok
  • 200 bags of bing-lang

I got my 600 and put it to good use. Cant remember exactly what tho?

Somebody said , only spend it on whores in reno because if you buy electronics the money goes to Taiwan,China,Japan, etc. If you buy gas it goes to the Mid East. If you buy anything else the money goes to China. So whores in reno is the way to keep the money in the country?? haha

No whores for me thank you.

Today I got a notice, sent August 18, that says “your check’s in the mail”, and I should get it by August 22, and if I don’t get it within 6 weeks, to call 215 516 2000. It also says “If you received a refund on your 2007 federal income tax return and had it directly deposited into a bank account, we will directly deposit your stimulus payment into the same bank account. If not, your stimulus payment check will be mailed to you.” Stimulating.

I’m contributing the money back to the whores in Washington DC…

Or, as the old joke goes, the government takes your money, the church takes your money, and the mafia takes your money. But only the mafia gives you what you paid for!

Still waiting. I bet they sent them to registered Republicans first. Assholes.

YOu got it the wrong way around . The registered democrats got it first…I got mine…nahneenahneenahnah :raspberry: months ago too.

actually isnt it something to do with the last 3 digits of your soc security, as to when you get your check?

Canadians use the British spelling for this word? I didn’t know that!

When I did my taxes, the software said I was ineligible for a stimulus check. I thought it was because I live in Taiwan and paid nothing in US taxes over the past 3 years.

[quote=“tommy525”]I got my 600 and put it to good use. Cant remember exactly what tho?

Somebody said , only spend it on whores in reno because if you buy electronics the money goes to Taiwan,China,Japan, etc. If you buy gas it goes to the Mid East. If you buy anything else the money goes to China. So whores in reno is the way to keep the money in the country?? haha

No whores for me thank you.[/quote]

Aren’t the whores in Reno from Russia… :ponder:

My apologies, I thought this thread was about the 2020 stimulus check, not the Taiwanese one.