Did your school back home have a "Taiwan" Club?

We’d like to cultivate more links to Taiwan Student Clubs in schools overseas - “Returnees” make up a large part of the English speaking community in Taiwan (and remember, Forumosa’s own humble beginnings was in an organization for ABCs)

Would you help us contact the Taiwan and Chinese student clubs back (at your) home? Please PM or post here your school’s or community’s organization and an e-mail address or a link to that group’s website.

For example: back at my alma mater, there were several Taiwan-related student clubs

Chinese Mei Society

Taiwanese American Student Society

Taiwanese Student Association

Chinese Student Society

Chinese Culture Club

Alpha Kappa Delta Phi

Asian Cultural Union

Asian Business Society - Stern Grad (ABS)

Here are just a couple from my alma mater (Simon Fraser University in Vancouver)

Formosa cultural club:
sfuta.com/index.php

Canadianized Asian club:
caconline.ca/

There are so many clubs of this sort in the universities where I come from. How many are FBC groups as opposed to overseas student groups, I don’t know-- and I’m not sure the distinction matters all that much to you (?) However, the latter link is a purely FBC/ Asian more or less born in Canada group. My s/o and myself had some experience with them when we were at SFU, my s/o being a CBC/T.

Thank you!

I agree with you - the distinction doesn’t matter. Any club whose members are likely to benefit from a community like Forumosa is the kind of club we want to link with.

When I was on the CAPT Executive Committee when we started this discussion board in 1998, there was one “ABC” out of 9 officers. IIRC we were all here for different reasons (family, work, etc. Me? I didn’t have a reason to be here) and got to Taiwan in different ways.

I’m just hoping for links so that over the next few weeks, Maoman and I can contact them and ask them for exchange links. In the US at this time of year, many of these student clubs have graduating seniors and grad students - some of whom should be interested to learn about Forumosa :slight_smile:

Edinburgh Taiwanese Students Society - serves all the universities in Edinburgh

Also check out hellouk.org/

That site has a listing for all the Taiwan student societies in the UK.

A small one – lsesu.com/main/societies/lis … /Taiwanese

I went to the same school as Toasty! :bravo:

Taiwanese Student Association
University of Waterloo
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
email: uw_twsa@yahoo.com

Not really an exact match but it might help…

University of California at Santa Barbara
instadv.ucsb.edu/93106/2003/ … aiwan.html

http://chinese.eusa.ed.ac.uk/index.htm
Here’s Edinburgh Uni’s one. They let the godless commies in, though, so its not just for Taiwanese.
But that’s a good thing. We need more cctangs, zeugmites and all those guys. :wink:

Canberra Taiwanese Student Association} {http://student.canberra.edu.au/assoc/taiwan} {CTSA was formed to meet the needs of Taiwanese students in Canberra as well as allowing others to gain better understanding of Taiwanese cultures.}

Odd, I would’ve thought the ANU, my old stomping ground, would have a Taiwan group of some kind, but I guess there are loads more students from Taiwan at Canberra uni.

HG

[quote=“sandman”]http://Chinese.eusa.ed.ac.uk/index.htm
Here’s Edinburgh Uni’s one. They let the godless commies in, though, so its not just for Taiwanese.
But that’s a good thing. We need more cctangs, zeugmites and all those guys. :wink:[/quote]

Scroll up. Edinburgh has its own Taiwanese Students Society. Still active and still fighting the good fight.

[quote=“damafen”][quote=“sandman”]http://Chinese.eusa.ed.ac.uk/index.htm
But that’s a good thing. We need more cctangs, zeugmites and all those guys. :wink:[/quote]

Scroll up. Edinburgh has its own Taiwanese Students Society. Still active and still fighting the good fight.[/quote]
Doh! Just goes to show – they can send a dummy to a good school but they can’t make him learn. :blush:
Oh well, here’s the Taiwan alumni assoc. for Glasgow Uni.
Glasgow University Taiwanese Alumni Assoc. (Scroll down to the bottom)[/url]