Digital cameras dutyfree HK airport?

Would anyone know, since HK is cheaper than Taiwan for digital cameras, if it’s possible to get better deals at the HK airport duty free shops than here in Taipei?

I have a three hour layover there in a couple weeks and thought, since I need a digital camera anyway, I should wait until I get to that airport.

If so, are the HK duty frees open after 9pm?

The airport prices aren’t that competitive as I recall. With three hours though you’ve enough time to get into HK proper if you like. I can give you details of the best street to go to when I see you at work. I bought all my Nikon SLR equipment there a few year ago. Good prices, good service and an international guarantee.

The best thing about the new airport is the train that gets you within shopping distance in about 20 minutes. You can get to Kowloon or the other shopping areas and be back in well under three hours. Brilliant…

It’s a great airport, but I still prefer the old one: a 15 minute taxi ride had you into the centre.

Yeah, but I arrive around 9pm, so doubt anywhere’s open too much later than that in HK proper.

I checked the HK airport website and it looks like there are several shops selling electonics (Fortress, Sound and Vision, etc) located near departure terminals. Just wondering if they might have more reasonable prices than here. Maybe I should just wander over to Po Ai afterall.