Diploma for chinese classes?

Can anyone tell me if you need a college degree to take chinese classes at the univerisities here??? I do not have one, but I really want to take just chinese classes at Shida or any of the other univeristies… Without a college diploma is this possible…

If so is there other places where I can without the degree??

Thanks

I have a degree, but when I was at Shi Da this time last year, I knew of a few that didn’t, they did, however, have to provide fakes…even i had to invent a transcript of courses and grades because my uni in the Uk doesnt priovide them and was to lazy to provide a letter. I can guarandamntee you that they don’t check them out, they just demand them to be a pain and them file it all way without really looking at it all. One way is to photo copy a friend’s degree and stick your name over the top and photocopy it again, you don’t even need an original.

Yes I’m advocating fraud, but if the guy wants to study Chinese at one of the better places, let him…his lack of a degree is no better than my toilet paper psychology degree from Manchester.

[quote=“Southpaw”]I have a degree, but when I was at Shi-Da this time last year, I knew of a few that didn’t, they did, however, have to provide fakes…even I had to invent a transcript of courses and grades because my uni in the UK doesnt priovide them and was to lazy to provide a letter. I can guarandamntee you that they don’t check them out, they just demand them to be a pain and them file it all way without really looking at it all. One way is to photo copy a friend’s degree and stick your name over the top and photocopy it again, you don’t even need an original.

Yes I’m advocating fraud, but if the guy wants to study Chinese at one of the better places, let him…his lack of a degree is no better than my toilet paper psychology degree from Manchester.[/quote]

So nihilist! I don’t mind being a whisleblower if what you tell is true or even what you tell is not true.

I personally will not provide fake docs, but seriously, you have to be joking Kimichen??? Please tell me you are??

I personally will not provide fake docs, but seriously, you have to be joking Kimichen??? Please tell me you are??[/quote]

I have not yet taken action but I am not kidding.

If you are a foreigner with proper credentials, will you hope me to do it or not do it? Especially I know MOE will offer scholarships for some students studying Chinese. I prepare to complain to every major language schools, MOE, and newspapers(especially Apply daily).

nihlist? you have only a vague idea of what that word means and how to use it…bollocks to you…go blow yourself! every word that tumbles from my foul mouth is the effing gospel truth sunshine!! what are they going to do? come to my house and say that i faked transcipts for a degree that i actually have???

shi da’s notorious administration prevents those without degrees from studying chinese at one of the only worthwhile schools in taiwan. i suggested that there is a way around it. it is up to the him if he wants to take that route.

kimichen…a ‘man’ of the stiffest moral fibre! the little man who brought you:

“the only reason we taiwanese would tak to foreigners is for sex, money, or english lessons…why else would we want to know them?”

keep your mouth shut! you little leech!

For Southpaw,

You don’t have to react like this. My life won’t get better or worse because of your disparaging words. Furthermore, I don’t mean to complain about one person or one incident. If I complain, the general situation is my target.

For all,

Although Taiwan’s culture is inclined to “punish one person as a warning to others”. It is less useful to make Taiwan a better environment for both foreigners and locals to live. Frauds are everywhere in Taiwan because there is a strong demand for English speakers. Is it unfair for hard working foreigners when some are cheating? I’ve kept hearing anecdotes about how foreigners cheat to get jobs or something similar. Last year, a famous TVBS female anchor got fired because of faking a diploma. I guess somehow there is a plausibility.

I care about how to protect locals (us) from bad services. However, if foreigners don’t care, I don’t bother to do it neither. You know that the average salaries will plummet for qualified and unqualified westerners. At the same time, unqualified people also ruin the reputations of foreign workers.

My friend is giving me the database for checking American degrees. But I have been busy recently, I don’t know whether people need this cleansing or not, and plus I don’t like to work alone–Southpaw shows you why I don’t want to be a dead hero. I think I will talk with more foreigners and locals, and then decide if I should start a group to do it or cooperate with others local or overseas organizations.

I remember a lot of people are complaining about the bad environment in Taiwan. Why to make it worse?

KIMI CHEN

should not having a degree stop someone from studying chinese at shi da? im not talking about teaching enlgish, thats another matter altogether…and just becasue it’s their rule…does that mean that its right? for your information, a fake degree will not get through the arc application procedure

What the hell are you dribbling on about, you xenophobic little twat?

Yes. Is it unfair for hard working Taiwanese when some are cheating?

I’ve heard many, many, many anecdotes about how Taiwanese cheat to get jobs, money, face, or something similar.

Foreigner or Taiwanese?

Then look to your own people. I guarantee that there are far, far more cheating Taiwanese here than there are foreigners.

What the fuck are you talking about now? You have a database for every degree issued by every school in the US, both now and in the future? That’s pretty good. Except for those of us dirty cheating foreigners that don’t happen to have gone to school in the US.

It would be enough to stop many people back home from studying at manty universities back home. However, it is a chinese as a second language program. Is it not? I would think that they would love to take the tuition money from international students.

At the same time it’s their school. Their rules.

In a round about way how many foreigners are working without degrees in the first palce then come and want to study and get a visa? All legal workers in Taiwan (99%) should have a degree in the first place. The other ones shouldn’t be working anyways…therefore not it Taiwan unless a tourist.

PS they have programs for current students ant foreign universities. You don’t need a degree to study there actually.

SKi

OK, I believe everyone has a right to go into Shi-Da for learning Chinese. However, there are plenty of reasons for the opposite arguments–not enough capacity, to standardize the participants’ education backgrounds, blah blah blah. So shouldn’t you adjust to it or fight against it legally? I’ve heard that a lot of people are waiting to enroll in Shi-Da. If you cheat, it is very like that you cut into line (jump a queue), or you don’t pay and you sneak into a theatre. Is it really fair?

KIMI CHEN

[quote=“sandman”]What the hell are you dribbling on about, you xenophobic little twat?

What the fuck are you talking about now? You have a database for every degree issued by every school in the US, both now and in the future? That’s pretty good. Except for those of us dirty cheating foreigners that don’t happen to have gone to school in the US.[/quote]

I have never talked with you before. I don’t understand why you are so rude. I don’t want to answer any of your questions. Period.

Yeah, I just bet you don’t. Chickenshit. :unamused:

Re-read your half-witted xenophobic rant above and you might begin to get an idea. I respond to rudeness with rudeness.

[quote=“cw.jc”]Can anyone tell me if you need a college degree to take Chinese classes at the univerisities here??? I do not have one, but I really want to take just Chinese classes at Shi-Da or any of the other univeristies… Without a college diploma is this possible…

If so is there other places where I can without the degree??

Thanks[/quote]
A highschool degree and transcripts is enough (to answer your original question). There are also other language schools that just want a passport and tuition fees.

First of all I want to thank all of you that helped… I was just asking a simple question and look where it went… Whoa someone on this forum has some complex issues…

So basically Kimichen, you want to bring this to everyones attention??? Right… Go right ahead, but basically the only thing you will accomplish if anything, is to force the government or schools to take action… right??? Is that your goal???

Well let see, if that happens then what?? The schools are going to have to researh all of the credentials of every student they approve??? right, is that what your goal is?? Well, guess what, then the schools are going to either outsource that work or they are going to have to hire a tremendous amount of staff to do the work for them?? And let me tell you, the outsourcing to do the research on that amount of students is going to have a very large price tag and to hire that amount of staff to do such a tedious task would have the same… And you know what, I can easily beat any research they do if I felt the need to… Transcripts, you got it, diploma, you got it, phone number to verify, you got it, and for only $30 more I can get the software from a site that is based out of Taipei where I can hack into any universities website and put myself on the class roster…(read the article on CNN.com from yesterday)… All this only about $300 US…

So guess what Mr. Kimichen or should I just say Kimichen since you seriously have some self-esteem issues and you dont deserve to be called MR., all your going to do is either rise the tuition cost all around or take away some of the precious scholarships that are so worried about… Will cost much more than my $300 and I will never get caught so go cry, do what you feel is needed…

Then you go as far as implying that us non-intellectual, non- degree holders are going to take your scholarships??? shows how much common sense you have, yes, people might use fake info to get in, but do you think the person would go as far and try to get a scholarship?? No, I dont think so… they simply just want to learn the language… It seems you would have no problem with that… I will tell you, I would do anything is all the hispanics in the states would get free school to learn english and I would even accept a hike in taxes, because you know we are here to stay, and if you dislike us that much seems you would at least want us to speak your language…

And guess what, stupid American without a degree has invested over 25 million NT in the last year in Taiwan, this American that is not good enough to learn your language has just signed a 2 year contract with a factory IN TAIWAN that is going to employ over 150 TAIWANESE people, and last but not least this non-degree holding american has currently 68 Taiwanese working directly under him… And guess what I will not provide fake docs, I just wanted to learn the language out of respect for my employess, so I can converse with them in THEIR language instead of just pointing…

And also, maybe this will make your little heart weep a little more, after reading this, I made a few calls and guess what this non-degree holder can start chinese classes at any university I want with NO tuition… So instead of stopping something, all you have done is piss me off and probably taken away one of your little precious scholarships… So go back to your roof top you little piker and practice your tai chi and yank one off for me!!! Good day…

PS… Kimichen, In my short stay here, I have learned one great thing, Taiwan is mostly about who you know, not what you know… And guess what people like you will never get respect… Businesses big and small are full of cheats… Either learn to play the game or in 10 years you will still be posting pix of yourself doing tai chi on your rooftop…

Oh dear Kimichens, you’ve bollcksed it now haven’t you.

Lets get it straight, a person wants to go to Shi Da to learn Chinese. I presume this person is living in Taiwan and they want to better integrate. They don’t have a degree so you take it upon yourself to act as Shi Da’s deputy on the off chance the person might get a Taiwan government sponsorship. Never mind that the person might actually be the best possible candidate for Chinese language study except for a ridiculous list of must haves from a stodgy bureacracy.

Let’s back that up a tad. The person gets a Taiwan scholarship because they attain regularly high grades in language study. right? The fact they do or don’t have a degree or whatever, is then surely rendered irrelevant, no?

Now I’d suggest you tune your moral compass to some of the more outrageous acts of chicanery. Here’s one for you. Get yourself off to a building site and make sure they are pouring A grade cement into the structural supports. If they’re not, I suggest you hit the construction and cement companies and file a complaint.

Good luck. My thoughts are with you Super Kimi of Liuzhang Li.

HG

For Mr. CW. JC,

Dear CW.JC,

I have to apologize first. I am not showing any disrespect toward any person and you who do not hold a university degree.

I notice you have just joined this forum for 3 days. There is a long-lasting parsimonious history on forumosa.com between the radical Taiwanese and foreigners. I am sorry to get you involved.

I appreciate what you have done to Taiwanese people but it still cannot rationalize fraud. Do you want a Taiwanese employee to fake his or her credentials so as to be your worker? I have to apologize again because I jump to another issue from studying to employment.

I will ignore what you mention about Taiwanese morality, and Tai Chi because I am saying Sorry right now.

I hope your company will be prosperous and you can learn Mandarin well.

Sorry for the bad first impression.

KIMI CHEN

Dear Mr or Ms Chen,

I hope you know what you are arguing at. A person is teaching a newcomer Mr CW.JC how to fake a document in order to get into Shi-da. I am glad that Mr CW.JC can get what he needs without risking his reputation.

I am curious about how you view this issue and reach the conclusion because you are a Chinese/Taiwanese (based on your surname).

The situation is now that a snitch (whistleblower) deserves to go to hell but a con artist should go to Heaven. Thank you. I learn it the hard way.

I am weeping now because I am happy for Persons of the Year 2002-- Cynthia Cooper, Coleen Rowley, Sherron Watkins (Women who took huge risks to blow the whistle on what went wrong at Worldcom, Enron and the FBI)

http://www.time.com/time/personoftheyear/2002/poyintro.html

Now I know how great they were.

Besides, I understand why Taiwan’s environment is so bad because SOME locals and SOME foreigners are sinking it into the Pacific Ocean in unanimity. ( Sorry for hurting most Taiwanese and most foreigners. I have to emphasize SOME/ONLY A SMALL GROUP)

KIMI CHEN

Personally, I think it is ridiculous for a Chinese language school to only accept students with university degrees. If someone really wants to learn a language, surely a university degree is not necessary. Keep in mind that though we say we are studying at Shida or one of the other universities, we are not really taking university classes. The courses at Shida don’t lead to a university degree: it’s basically just a buxiban. I would think that their ideal student would be someone who really wants to attain a high level of proficiency in Chinese, regardless of educational background.
By the way, cw.jc says that he can study for free. Please tell us how. (Or are you just referring to the scholarships?)