Diplomacy - world war one iv

It’s time for another round of Diplomacy.

Who’s in?

I lost miserably last time, but all the backstabbing was great, not to mention all the lasting friendships! :slight_smile:

I’m thinking - one move per day, or one per week.

So who’s in?

SINISTER TIDDLYWINKS

I posted about this a few weeks back but I’m still down. I’d run another blog with moves and all that again. Here’s the old one.

theshire2004na.blogspot.com/

YA YA YA

MILTOWNKID
SINISTER TIDDLYWINKS

We need 5 more

• and a referee?

I’m in.

waynbe_in_taiwan(AT)yahoo.ca

I’ve not played, but it looks cool.
Room for a noob at the table?

[quote=“Jaboney”]I’ve not played, but it looks cool.
Room for a noob at the table?[/quote]
Always :smiling_imp:

count me in. is general numbutt playing this time?

Yours truly - but I won’t change my handle again… unless… “El Salsero Mayor”… “El Gran Maestro”…

Na…

So, we need 2 more people. So far it’s:
SINISTER TIDDLYWINKS
MILTOWNKID
TAICHUNG SOCIAL CLUB
JABONEY
TEMPO GAIN

I’m in.

SINISTER TIDDLYWINKS
MILTOWNKID
TAICHUNG SOCIAL CLUB
JABONEY
TEMPO GAIN
NEONNOODLE

One more!
C’mon, Doctor Evil, where are you?!

Where’s an on-line rule book, by the way?
Will we need a referee?

[quote=“Sinister Tiddlywinks”]Where’s an on-line rule book, by the way?
Will we need a referee?[/quote]
I’d be happy to just ref if 2 more people are interested. That’d be fun for me.

These 2 links are a good start:
diplom.org/index.py
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diplomacy_(game

Also, here’s some cool open source software for playing the game.

realpolitik.sourceforge.net/

Thre’s also a Palm version of the program so you can look at the map and plan moves on the move if you like. Lets get 2 more people and I’ll ref and run the blog.

uh, when’s the war begin?

A start time’s a good idea…

I wouldn’t be able to start for another 2 weeks. I have 2 competitions in a row. After that I’m good to go. We don’t we get everyone updated on the rules and stuff between now and then.

Did you read through everything? Do you have any questions?

As long as everyone understands the rules and uses properly formatted movement commands, it’s really easy to get things underway. We’ll all be back stabbing in no time flat :smiley:

Ok, six weeks ago MTK said the game would start in two weeks. Is it on or what?

:blush:

I got caught up in competition madness… (I ended up doing one more than I thought I would just because.) I figured someone would remind me when the timing what right?

Is everyone still present?

[quote=“miltownkid”]Is everyone still present?[/quote] I’ll be back in Soviet Canuckistan come the end of the month. Immediate lack of Internet access may cause a hiatus on my part. :idunno:

no hiatuses here

I’m around.

I’ll play, if I’m allowed to lie to the referee and seize his Brest again. I’m in front of this bloody machine every day. Daily or weekly play?

I don’t think we have 7 people yet…

I just read up on a bunch of stuff and decided to shoot these fine folk a message: lancedal.demon.co.uk/dip2000/index.htm

I’m going to try to find us a GM, then we would just need 7 people (I’ll be a player, I don’t think I’d make a good GM just yet.)

I emailed Sinister T to see if he’s still down and I’ll post again when I hear back from the GM dudes.