Diplomacy - world war one iv

If you guys aren’t scared to lose to a girl, I’ll join. I’ve never played diplomacy, but I kick ass at Risk.

Oh, snap! That’d be fresh.

For the record, it takes about 6 months to finish an online game. Moves are done once a week and there a lot (or a little) bullshi… diplomatizing that goes on in between moves.

Let me do a head count:
Erchu
tmwc
Tempo Gain
Jaboney
Sinister T (Maybe)
miltownkid
NeonNoodle (perhaps?)

That’d be 7 if everyone above was still down (it’s 6 months of downess.) I’ll try to sort out this GM thing as I definitely do not want to GM. I want to play!

News?

Sinister T is currently in the US of A doing… stuffs I guess. I haven’t received a message from the Diplomacy dudes yet, but it is the holidays. I’ll register to their site and stuff and see if there are other people I can contact.

What’s up fellas (and fellettes.) Here’s your weekly or so update. Nothing back from those guys I mailed a bit ago, but I’m trying a new place:

dipbounced.com

I emailed the guy there to ask about getting an unranked game setup. Looks like that might turn out OK. It said something in the FAQ about it being OK to setup an unranked game. Ranked games are to be done totally anonymous.

Will let you know how it turns out.

Right, that’s it!!

No more waiting. Give us our GM by Friday or we invade Poland.

[quote=“tmwc”]Right, that’s it!!

No more waiting. Give us our GM by Friday or we invade Poland.[/quote]
:laughing: I’m glad you’re excited about this. I’m really not sure what to do about the GM situation…

I’ll post a question/request on the Diplomacy newsgroup.

[quote=“miltownkid”][quote=“tmwc”]Right, that’s it!!

No more waiting. Give us our GM by Friday or we invade Poland.[/quote]
:laughing: I’m glad you’re excited about this. I’m really not sure what to do about the GM situation…

I’ll post a question/request on the Diplomacy newsgroup.[/quote]

Let’s ask Tom Hill to do it. He has loads of free time.

Is enrollment still open?

Oh, snap! That’d be fresh.

For the record, it takes about 6 months to finish an online game. Moves are done once a week and there a lot (or a little) bullshi… diplomatizing that goes on in between moves.

Let me do a head count:
Erchu
tmwc
Tempo Gain
Jaboney
Sinister T (Maybe)
miltownkid
NeonNoodle (perhaps?)

That’d be 7 if everyone above was still down (it’s 6 months of downess.) I’ll try to sort out this GM thing as I definitely do not want to GM. I want to play![/quote]

if needed i can gm.

TG can GM, OK!!

TG can GM, OK!!

TG can GM, OK!!

I’m still in. Lets roll call:

tmwc
miltownkid
and…

[quote=“miltownkid”]I’m still in. Lets roll call:

tmwc
miltownkid
and…[/quote]

I’ll play.

I got this the other day.

[quote=“Christian”]I’m sorry this reply is three weeks late. I’ve been unfortunately busy
the first month of this year.

To answer your question, you can have a “private” game. All games must
have a GM and the GM may not play in the game. So, your best bet is to
post a message on “full court press” (the message boards) under "game
request) and ask if there is a GM who would be willing to run the game.
You give the GM the specifications of the game (including the usernames
of the player), and he or she can set it up.[/quote]

So if everyone who wants to play registers here: dipbounced.com/ that’s another way we could go. I’m registered already and I can start a thread there if needed. Having TG GM is cool with me as well, but at least now we have options.

I’m signed up.

Dude, do we really have to register at yet another website just to play a game? I’ve no idea how it would work, and don’t want to spend time wading through another set of instructions just to find out. Can you give us the short version here? Or can we just do it by email like the last game?

That’s what would happen at the other site, except a computer would do a lot of the GMing, with a human over-seeing things.

So basically we could talk to each other and all that via email, Skype, the forums, in person or whatever. We’d submit our moves to a computer (in a certain format which would be easy to use.) We’d get our results via email. And start the whole thing over again.

A human is there to take care of any issues and moderate things. If TG is cool doing everything himself, that’s fine as well, but using the site would allow him to play too.

Did that all make sense?

[quote=“miltownkid”]I got this the other day.

[quote=“Christian”]I’m sorry this reply is three weeks late. I’ve been unfortunately busy
the first month of this year.

To answer your question, you can have a “private” game. All games must
have a GM and the GM may not play in the game. So, your best bet is to
post a message on “full court press” (the message boards) under "game
request) and ask if there is a GM who would be willing to run the game.
You give the GM the specifications of the game (including the usernames
of the player), and he or she can set it up.[/quote]

So if everyone who wants to play registers here: dipbounced.com/ that’s another way we could go. I’m registered already and I can start a thread there if needed. Having TG GM is cool with me as well, but at least now we have options.[/quote]

I registered on the web site (name: grooforumosa) and wait further instructions.