Diplomas

Im latino and Im moving to Taiwan, Got a bunch diplomas, which diplomas should I take?

Your highest and most recent

And if it´s in spanish?

Translated into Chinese or English

but has to be authenticated by TECO

You might need to get an apostille/authentication for each diploma from your home government. Look into document legalization. Then you can get it authenticated by TECO. If your TECO also translates documents from Spanish it’s best to get it done by then so you can be sure the translation will be accepted.

1 Like

Thanks, But I will just pick the most important. I guess courses will be enrolled again.

I would advise you to bring all of them. At least for my Phd admission, they asked for the authenticated Master’s and B.Sc. diplomas and transcripts.
Are you going to study or work here?

Will taking all of them affect your weight allowance?

2 Likes

Why would you pick and choose diplomas? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: They’re not exactly heavy and you need all of them to prove you’re, well, you.

I’m just confused by the premise of this question in general. If you have a PhD or Master’s, no one will advise you to leave them behind. Unless you only want a job you’re hugely overqualified for.

EDIT: I mean… I don’t know how far back you’re going, but I guess you could leave behind your high school diploma. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Depends what you want to use them for. And what’s an “Im”?

Both. But most of my certificates are courses: Autocad, Photoshop. I can study them again at Tw.

Khosan Rd papyrus documents?

1 Like

Leave medical degree back home. Take degree of electronics. How much it cost to get one?

In Albania they want 2000 euros from me

What on earth are you talking about?

1 Like

Weird my PhD program is only asking for the highest obtained diploma

1 Like

Yeah, most universities just care about that. But Sinica even asked for me Bachelor’s syllabi .(and yes, I had to translate them all) :confounded:
I guess the requirements depend on your program and institution, so it is better to be prepared and bring everything.

1 Like

That’s probably wise advice.

I wish I could have gotten my diploma notorized in the UK because it was really expensive to ship it to London and back and they demand payment in British pounds which I had to convert and pay a wire fee from USD (tried it in TWD but my taiwanese bank just refused to complete the wire transfer)

1 Like