Disabling the Search Function for a few days

Folks

I’m disabling the search function tonight as part of the upgrade process to the latest version of this software.

I will try to restore the function here in the forums as soon as possible, but there is a risk we will make do WITHOUT a usable search until I activate the new installation next week.

Watch this space for updates :slight_smile:

everything’s broken

everything’s broken

everything’s broken

everything’s broken

:help:

Trying to post a reply to someone and getting an error message that may be connected to this. It reads:

Could not insert new word matches

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1196 Warning: Some non-transactional changed tables couldn’t be rolled back

INSERT INTO phpbb_search_wordmatch (post_id, word_id, title_match) SELECT 551597, word_id, 0 FROM phpbb_search_wordlist WHERE word_text IN (‘likely’, ‘live’, ‘taichung’, ‘months’, ‘starting’, ‘fall’, ‘wondering’, ‘kind’, ‘car’, ‘arrangement’, ‘work’, ‘anything’, ‘fancy’, ‘sedan’, ‘seats’, ‘buy’, ‘used’, ‘taiwan’, ‘sell’, ‘end’, ‘stay’, ‘major’, ‘rental’, ‘agency’, ‘reputable’, ‘agencies’, ‘rent’, ‘seems’, ‘money’, ‘i’, ‘hoping’, ‘experience’, ‘give’, ‘pointers’, ‘situation’, ‘e’, ‘staying’, ‘longer’, ‘term’, ‘planning’, ‘years’, ‘sure’, ‘idea’, ‘central’, ‘auto’, ‘nice’, ‘vehicles’, ‘longterm’, ‘rentals’, ‘efficient’, ‘company’, ‘posted’, ‘496886’, ‘read’, ‘particular’, ‘post’, ‘might’, ‘back’, ‘first’, ‘discussion’, ‘thread’, ‘concerns’, ‘raised’, ‘insurance’, ‘companies’, ‘offer’, ‘considered’, ‘inadequate’, ‘western’, ‘standards’, ‘paid’, ‘maximum’, ‘level’, ‘still’, ‘qualms’, ‘fairly’, ‘happygolucky’, ‘person’, ‘may’, ‘bother’, ‘hertz’, ‘branches’, ‘think’)

Line : 251
File : /home/httpd/vhosts/forumosa.com/httpdocs/taiwan/includes/functions_search.php

Well, despite the error messages, it turned out that it was posting every time! Luckily the thread’s in Vroom, vroom so I can kill my own treble posts.

Another strange thing is that the “new posts” and “own posts” functions are taking a while to update posts. Just now had to wait about 5 minutes for something I posted to show up in the list.

:fume: :fume: :fume: :fume: :fume: :fume: :fume:

JD wrote[quote] Fuming Fuming Fuming Fuming Fuming Fuming Fuming[/quote]

Yeah, it’s enough to turn a man to drink. :beer:

Yeah, it’s enough to turn a man to drink. :beer:[/quote]

No shit. I want a V8! :smiley:

[quote=“joesax”]Well, despite the error messages, it turned out that it was posting every time! Luckily the thread’s in Vroom, vroom so I can kill my own treble posts.[/quote]I clicked to kill the post and it killed the whole thread! Trying to reconstruct and repost but getting error messages every time. Quite frustrating.

Joesax [quote] Quite frustrating.[/quote]

Such British understatement!! Get f*cking angry for God’s sake!! You’re part of Europe now, so you can let the upper lip wobble on occasion. :wink:

Such British understatement!! Get f*cking angry for God’s sake!! You’re part of Europe now, so you can let the upper lip wobble on occasion. :wink:[/quote]I have to admit there’s a slight tremor in the sub-nasal region.

Rollback, rollback… :laughing:

I hope this is good news.

I’ve reinstalled the wordmatch table - which was missing and probably the culprit for the posting errors you’re reporting (uh, thank you for this) :blush:

[quote=“Goose Egg”]I hope this is good news.

I’ve reinstalled the wordmatch table - which was missing and probably the culprit for the posting errors you’re reporting (uh, thank you for this) :blush:[/quote]

Thanks Gus.

:yay:

Yes, back to normal now. Thanks Gus.

My moustache is now freshly waxed and my upper lip suitably firm.