Discrimination in China

From Danwei.org

[quote=“Rebecca’s School”]Friday morning job in near Chaoyang park (April 6/06)
Friday 9:00-2:00pm
Teaching university students business English
Requirement:

NO ASIAN PEOPLE, NO LATIN PEOPLE, NO FRENCH PEOPLE, NO SPANISH PEOPLE, NO ARABIC PEOPLE (NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS ONLY)
NO BLACK PEOPLE
NO AUSTRALIANS (BAD ACCENT)
IF YOU ARE BRITISH PLEASE has GOOD TEETH
AMERICANS PLEASE BE TALL AND PRETTY
WE PREFER BLOND HAIR BLUE EYES
AT LEAST 1.7 meters
NO FAT PEOPLE PLEASE
THIS SCHOOL IS LOOKING TO HIRE THE BEST
(BRITISH and AMERICANS ONLY)…

Please contact Rebecca via message if you are interested in this position.[/quote]

To which some bright spark posted the following reply:

[quote=“Adolf”]Frau Rebecca,

I am a 117 year old German expat who is looking for a teaching job in das Chaoyang District. Preferably in ein Kindergarten. I have international experience from my previous job where I had the chance to go from London to Moscow. Im a people person and have taken over my fair share. I prefer speaking the language of the Fatherland but I am also fluent in Austrian and Swiss. If I sound like somebody you might want, i DEMAND you hire me. Oh ja, I have been responsible for the deaths of millions of people over the years, but I am white which is basically all you care about anyways.

Danke,

Adolf[/quote]

Nice.

Alas the original ad seems to have been a hoax, but it raises the issue of racism in China (perhaps the ad was a protest against it). Anyone here have any experience of discrimination on the mainland? Sounds like I’d better get my teeth fixed before I go. :laughing:

Simple answer is that Adolf doesn’t get hired – native English speakers only, plus he wasn’t blond.

They’re looking for Barbie and Ken.

This has got to be a piss take, non? Herr Hitler was far too short anyway.