Discuss the great things about Taiwanese women

Dam I hope not

2 posts were split to a new topic: From Taiwanese women

I’m very proud of the increasing numbers of female professors in the sciences and engineering departments in Taiwan, as well as the growing number of female politicians, businessmen, and engineers. It’s even more encouraging that it’s based mostly on merit, regardless of sexsual orientation. In a perfect society, people and media would pay less attention to their looks, but I guess we still have a long way to go.

I also like the fact that most of those who do make a living by performing or based on their looks seems to have control over what they feel ok with doing, at least compared to the horrific things that you hear from the Japanese, Korean and even American entertainment industries.

Although I’m sure there are gold diggers or people who feel entitled to all the perks offered to women in a male dominated society without wanting to fulfill any of the traditional obligations at the same time, like demanding a house under her name to go with the wedding, but doesn’t want to do any house chores or take care of the kids, I think they are relatively rare. At least I don’t know anyone like that in real-life .

Most of the women I know would rather pitch in, and share the responsibilities of maintaining a relationship or marriage.

Then again, I don’t know any one that could choose to make a living as a model or internet celebrity, so… manybe that’s why.

2 Likes

When I was in school I remember that a Japanese guest lecturer from Tokyo U was shocked by the number of female professors at NTU.

3 Likes

When I first entered my field here in Taiwan, most of the women were assistants, accountants or maids. Twenty years later and it’s complete opposite. So many women owners/bosses. Some of the best industrial contractors I work with are run by TW women and they do a much better job than the traditional A-Bei’s.

There was one TW A-Bei who was really nasty, the men were terrified of him cause his minions would chop folks up with watermelon knives quite often. He FUFO though when he started messing with the women laobans. Even though they weren’t all on best terms they teamed up and got him locked up for a very long time.

TW women, for the most part, are very business savvy and tough as damn nails. Working with a few of them now to do different projects in SE Asia and China. Top notch folks.

7 Likes

Huh?

3 Likes

They fix the exams.

1 Like

Who is “they”?

Guy

Ohh I had the opposite experience. I’m in the EE department, and it was quite shocking how few female professors there are, compared to my universities in Chile and Japan (though my female professors in Japan were foreign).

1 Like

Tokyo Medical University, I doubt they still do it after all the controversy they had.

4 Likes

Japanese men. They got caught fixing university entrance exams so women wouldn’t get in. Medicine, IIRC.

EDIT: @vibekiller did the honours

2 Likes

In my experience, smart, well educated and very loving.

2 Likes

They’re hot. Then again I think most East Asian women are hot. I’m tired of making apologies for having that preference.

3 Likes

This is true.

They naturally have the figures that other women after the age of 25 have to work hard for.

4 Likes