Disgusting maybe kind of Meat product things

I thought I was buying some ham but this stuff is so disgusting terrible I can’t even oh my G
God almost vomit.

2 Likes

You thought it was ham but they was telling you a proper proker er porker

1 Like

“Ham-like product. Purchase and consume at your own risk.”

Guy

2 Likes

Lesson learned eh.

It’s nuts how much pork is around in Taiwan, and how this “ham” thing seems to have utterly eluded people. I’m still waiting for the “coffee” moment, when suddenly everyone figures this out and a massive change happens.

Until that moment comes, I will continue to enjoy the ham-and-cheese sandwiches available at the two Joel Robuchon bakery outlets in Taipei City (one in the B3 level of Fuxing Sogo; the other on the 3rd floor of Bellavita Mall next to Taipei City Hall MRT Station). Those guys make their own ham (as well as their own bread, of course). It costs NT$200 and IMHO is worth every dollar. :grin:

Guy

5 Likes

That “ham” goes perfectly with those orange individually-wrapped American slices, known as “cheese” here.

3 Likes

I’ll dispose of it for you…

Yeah, that is some bizarre stuff in that packet. I made that same mistake some years ago. It’s hard to tell where the plastic ends and the contents begin.

You can make your own you know. Buy some pork and follow the instructions on the internet. Takes about five minutes of actual work (plus 4 days of curing and an hour of cooking…).

1 Like

For a split second I thought you were suggesting buying a pig…

Well, for ultimate control over the end product, I guess that would work too.

1 Like

I made a load of Vietnamese ham from pork tenderloin a month or two ago actually. Different style of course, without a real curing step, but it was surprisingly easy and didn’t turn out too bad for a first attempt.

3 Likes