Disney+

When it comes to Taiwan i will give it a look on what ever free trail they have and see how it goes.
I don’t mind waiting, i only watched GOT last year, not because i didn’t want to watch it, just i never got round to it.

I just think it’s sad that it’s easier to watch something illegally than legitimately. One of the disadvantages of all the streaming services and the fragmentation of content is that people will start to watch things illegally, as different shows get moved to platforms they don’t subscribe to.

Maybe i should invent a way that i could record content and give it to may friends to watch, i think some sort of magnetic tape would good, i can put it in a little cassette and run it reel to reel in some sort of device connected to the tv :wink:

Nice. So what I said works.

The VPN I use (Windscribe) just confirmed that Disney+ will work with their service.

Huh - that’s the best reason I can think of for getting the content now, rather than waiting a year or two, until whenever it shows up legitimately in Taiwan. That window when kids actually enjoy mom and dad’s childhood stuff can be a little short. (Well, they may come back around later, when they’re adults.)

Good news, Nord is pretty great. I found it to be inconsistent a year or so ago with Hulu, but they are probably getting better.

That’s what my NAS is for… holding every childhood memory I want my kids to see.

Even this? IJA

Of course. I don’t believe in political correctness.

2 Likes

I watched a few shows on Disney+ today.

Pros:

• Tons of content ranging from 1940s to Now.
  • Everything is crisp, clear and beautiful.
  • Menu is well laid out, better than Netflix.
  • Lightening fast load times.

Cons:

• Subtitles are horrible. More like poorly done closed captioning. They jump all over the screen rather staying out of the way at the bottom.
  • Not many language options. English, Spanish on some, French on some and Dutch on some.

I’ve only spent $1 USD on it so far with the 7 day trial + my VPN cost (which I already use anyways). Well worth the $1 so far. Will allow it to roll into a monthly subscription afterwards.

:thinking: I can see that.

4 Likes

Well the ride was great while it lasted. My account has been shut down and my IP banned. They were able to identify I was watching through a VPN.

This bites.

Sorry for your troubles but for some twisted reason I find this funny.

Uh oh. Have you cancelled your subscription?

I’m not sure why they would want to shut down VPN stuff…it only helps their business.

Are you sure it’s not just a payment issue? Your 7 day free trial would be over about now.

Disney+ still running without issue here. Got a new episode of The Mandalorian waiting for me.

1 Like

Everything is still working for me. I have 2 episodes of The Mandalorian waiting for me.

It won’t let me login from any device. My PayPal account shows Disney took the next months fee after the trial ended. I am getting the infamous Error 83.

After contacting Disney support and waiting for them for 1 hour, I finally got through. All I am going to say is, they fixed my problem…but I had to fib to them a little. My phone is still blocked, but my laptop can now login and stream again.

Be careful of the VPN location you choose. Don’t pick a major city on the West Coast or East Coast. They are becoming aware of those routes and blocking them. Pick something less known in the Midwest.

One more update…
As of noon today, I am able to login via the Android Disney+ app again! Woohoo! Back in the game.

:rofl::woozy_face::laughing::roll_eyes:

So if my sister (lives in the US) gets it, I can use a VPN to watch it?