Disney's Mulan

Not that I’m surprised…

1 Like

I’m rooting for the mongols

4 Likes

Why do you hate Tsushima?

2 Likes

A shame about Star Wars…but it seems due to people not going out because of COVID that trash is being kept to a minimum.

Good, f*** that Wumao actress. And f*** the Disney trend of turning their animated classics into budget live-action flicks (although I guess it’s pushing it to say ‘Mulan’ was one of their classics… they’re scraping the barrel now).

17 Likes

Drew, stop beating around the bush—tell us what you really think! :rofl:

Guy

2 Likes

Disney doesn’t make movies. They make cash grabs and extended commercials. Fuck Disney.

9 Likes

There have been some rumors that Star Wars is in a civil war with Kennedy on the losing side. Apparently Disney isn’t happy that almost every Star Wars project has director/creative turnover nor that the sequel trilogy has really hurt the brand. Some say that Favreau might be tasked to lead, that Filoni will become more prominent, and even that Lucas may come back.

The most interesting theory I’ve read is that they are thinking about taking a multi-verse approach coming from a concept introduced in Rebels where there is an intersection between all times and universes. Supposedly the Emperor used this to escape death creating a new future. This would allow Star Wars 7-9 to become “legend”, or at least not a straight continuation of Ep 1-6. This would free up sequels that don’t kill the franchise, perhaps even Lucas written ones.

This is all rumor and most certainly filled with crap, but I do believe there is a lot of soul searching going on right now at Lucasfilm.

1 Like

Soul searching would require a soul. They’ve sold out a long time ago. Best thing would be for the rebels to create not a Death Star but a giant toilet and flush the whole thing.

2 Likes

I think anything to do with China is a bad thing right now in the western world.

2 Likes

AMC is owned by a Chinese Billionaire and is in deep shit financially.

1 Like

One of the production companies of the Mulan movie is the China Film Group Corporation (CFGC) , this company usually distributes imported films in China and produce some western movies like the Fast & Furious films

Mulan was originally scheduled for a November 2, 2018 , then was moved to March 27, 2020

Film executives estimated that each time the film was delayed it cost Disney between $200,000 and $400,000 in marketing fees, a figure that could reach $5 million if it was moved out of the summer season altogether

2 Likes

Good.

1 Like

She is American as well. Has American passport but doesn’t really seem to like freedom

5 Likes

Update

Disney announced on Tuesday that the remake of the 1998 animated classic will be heading to Disney+, the company’s new streaming service, for an additional fee of $29.99. The film will be available on September 4.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/04/media/disney-earnings-q3-2020-coronavirus/index.html

30$ seems a bit steep.

Interesting move: I’m curious to see how it plays out. For one person, that $30 price seems very high, but for a family it’s not a bad deal when you compare it to the cost of heading to a movie theater.

Also you have to plus the service costs $6.99 a month in the US

At the end this is going to be a “Pay per view” release , but they call it “premium fee”

I’m wondering If they will do the same with other movies like Black Widow (scheduled to be released in the United States on November 6, 2020)

I wouldn’t pay NT$30 to watch that crap…

2 Likes

thats great, will be easy to get a good quality pirate download, unlike if it was in the cinema. top move disney :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like