Dispatches: Undercover Mosque

I’m not gonna say ONE word about this.

littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/ … osque&only

Listen, watch, read and weep.
:frowning:

The first guy, the convert from the US, starts out with typical religious bigotry and tribalism: if they’re not us, they’re worthless. Goes on to elevate God’s Law over man’s law. Takes a few shots at pop culture. Declares that while he disagrees with terrorism, even a Muslim terrorist is better than non-Muslim… which is just more of the same old, “My country/tribe/whatever, right or wrong.”

Then they get into more idiocy: beat your women if they don’t submit, death to homosexuals, ect. ect. ect…

It’s revolting.

Do you have any suggestions for dealing with religious bigotry being preached?

Put them on youtube.com.

That’s not a bad suggestion.
Until they’re watched by people seriously interested in “the message”, and not throwing light on the sewer dwellers.
Or they get their own tv show and start raising money in a big way.

[quote=“Jaboney”]That’s not a bad suggestion.
Until they’re watched by people seriously interested in “the message”, and not throwing light on the sewer dwellers.
Or they get their own tv show and start raising money in a big way.[/quote]

I don’t think the stuff about “Rules for marrying girls not yet having reached puberty” will get many suporters though.

They don’t need many supporters, just rich ones. And much of it’s coming out of Saudi, so…

Wouldn’t that be like selling cars to the dealer?

That’s Audi, silly.
More like seeding the ground. Gotta invest if you want to see a return.

Seems to be something to be looked at in a serious manner.

On YouTube:
youtube.com/watch?v=9MSFbhIG-sk&eurl

youtube.com/watch?v=xoi5DWt3b0w

youtube.com/watch?v=Q_TjzCcTkE8

There is some discrepancy about the portions of the documentary being linked to. Here are the links to all six (unabridged) parts of the documentary, for those interested:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6

Also for consideration -
obsessionthemovie.com/12min.htm

Yes. Good so far.

That’s a mainstay of Islamic philosphy.

Right. Because I’m sure members of all nations, like say, Canada, believe that terrorists with Canadian passports are better than the most noble citizens of other nations. The worst crime in the traditional Islamic worldview is not believing in Allah; therefore, even the best person who does not believe in Allah is worse than the most evil Muslim. You’re kidding yourself if you think that idea is on par with tribal loyalty or patriotism.

Can’t imagine where they get those ideas. Islamic law, maybe?

Yes.

When that preaching involves encouraging followers to kill unbelievers and implement Sharia law, I would suggest shutting down the mosques and imprisoning the imams.

That’s a mainstay of Islamic philosphy.[/quote]And not only Islamic philosophy. There are times when it’s an entirely proper position. If the law of the land is apartheid, or Jim Crow, should we obey the law? No. On what basis? What’s higher than the law?

When that preaching involves encouraging followers to kill unbelievers and implement Sharia law, I would suggest shutting down the mosques and imprisoning the imams.[/quote]Imprisoning the imams? If they’re promoting violence, sure. Shutting down the mosques? Goes too far, imo.

Conlige suspectos semper habitos!

Aquila non captat muscas. Audaces fortuna iuvat! Aut vincere aut mori! Delenda est Carthago!

Conlige suspectos semper habitos!

Aquila non captat muscas. Audaces fortuna iuvat! Aut vincere aut mori! Delenda est Carthago![/quote]

Foul googler!

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

de profundis? verite?

Sic et non.

All interesting questions. But I can’t really address them without hijacking the thread. I was thinking about starting on a thread on the nature of morality in the Open Forum soon.

I think it depends on whether or not the problem is systemic to the mosque. Thousands of mosques all across the world are Saudi built, funded, and spiritually guided, as is the Green Lane mosque in Birmingham featured in the clips. Removing one imam is not going to change the philosophical direction of the mosque. If there is a non-Wahhabi mosque that regularly preaches tolerance and love, on the other hand, and a travelling preacher from Riyadh happens to be preaching one morning and is busted by undercover law enforcement officials, then it would definitely be inappropriate to shut down the mosque.