Distance Around Daan Park

Does anyone know the exact distance around Daan Park on the jogging path?

Thanks!

I think some distances are marked on the maps of the park that are found near the entrances and scattered throughout the park. I’ve looked at these maps and noticed that it does have the distance for each side of the park marked there–but I’ve never taken the time to calculate the distance around the entire park.

Also, Da’an Park is not really a perfect rectangle–it narrows down from Xinyi and it gets closer to Heping.

I’ll be interested to find out what this is, as well, so I’ll be watching this thread.

Thanks for bringing this topic up.

I think it is marked on the path at regular intervals.

Google Earth.

[quote=“Chris”]Google Earth.[/quote]I did, all it says is “mostly harmless”.

The planned track is 2 km, but since the north boundary along Xinyi is still under construction, the current red clay track is less than that.

Thanks for the replies!

Yes, I also reckoned it to be around 2km, possibly a little less judging by how long each lap took me. It would be nice if the clay track went all the way round as it’s a great surface for running on … shoes get filthy and red though.

Maybe someone with one of those GPS watches can run it and measure the distance for us… (I really wanna get one!)

It will in a few more years when the Xinyi MRT line is completed.

According to the URL below it’s 2.2km, which means I ran 13.2km yesterday… :slight_smile:

tw.knowledge.yahoo.com/question/ … 5092805198

[quote=“teggs”]According to the URL below it’s 2.2km, which means I ran 13.2km yesterday… :slight_smile:

tw.knowledge.yahoo.com/question/ … 5092805198[/quote]

Time?

If you have a bike and an odo it should be easy to suss out.

I know a shortcut.

[quote=“TomHill”][quote=“teggs”]According to the URL below it’s 2.2km, which means I ran 13.2km yesterday… :slight_smile:

Time?

If you have a bike and an odo it should be easy to suss out.[/quote]

67 minutes (~5 min per km), but I did legs in the gym the day before so I was quite stiff…

I do have a bike with an odometer, but it’s at home in Taipei County and you’re not supposed to cycle in the park anyway.

[quote=“teggs”][quote=“TomHill”][quote=“teggs”]According to the URL below it’s 2.2km, which means I ran 13.2km yesterday… :slight_smile:

Time?

If you have a bike and an odo it should be easy to suss out.[/quote]

67 minutes (~5 min per km), but I did legs in the gym the day before so I was quite stiff…

I do have a bike with an odometer, but it’s at home in Taipei County and you’re not supposed to cycle in the park anyway.[/quote]

That is a good time! Once you get into kilometer 7 the body just keeps truckin, dont you find? Edgar Allen ran 10K in 50 mins recently I think, and I am close to 23mins for 5k now. For some odd reason it is the first 5km that are the hardest.

Thanks! I find 5min/k a nice pace to cruise at once I get into it (usually after running for about 15 mins).

It’s 2km and change according to the GPS on my phone.

Also pro-tip for everyone. Don’t be tempted to drink out of the water fountains there. I saw some guy last night letting his dogs (looked like labradors to me) drink out out them. One could stand up on its hind legs to reach the spout, but the other had to be lifted to sit on the fountain to drink.

[quote=“TomHill”]
That is a good time! Once you get into kilometer 7 the body just keeps truckin, dont you find? Edgar Allen ran 10K in 50 mins recently I think, and I am close to 23mins for 5k now. For some odd reason it is the first 5km that are the hardest.[/quote]

I hate 5K. I do it in about 19 minutes, but I much prefer a marathon where I am gunning for a 5min/km pace by the end of the year… You are right though, once you get into a rhythm and it isn’t too hot, you can keep on going and going if you have the right pace.

Try this website

http://www.mapmyrun.com

It’s free, and pretty acurate. Checked it against a gps.
Enjoy

On my run the other day, I bumped into some guys (officials) who were measuring the distance and painting some markings. Apparently the exact distance is 2170m…

Hey, just curious what the distance is around the park if you are running on the sidewalks around the park instead of on the inside of the track. I did a rather imprecise measurement on google maps at around 2.2 kilometers. This is what I always do, I don’t do the inside track around the park. If the track on the inside of the park is 2.2 kilometers, it’s gotta be a little longer to run on the sidewalks going around the outside of the park.

Yep, I get 2.4k in 6 minutes by car (scooter would be quicker).

If your name was Patel and you were facing a Steyn, you’d probably run quicker than that.