Distractingly Sexy Female Scientists

Isn’t it obvious women have never had it as bad as we white men in the age of Twitter?[/quote]

What’s with the white male guilt? It’s kind of pathetic.[/quote]

Don’t lean on me man cause you can’t afford the ticket back from suffragette city.[/quote]

Got zero idea what this even means.

Interesting update on the Tim Hunt story.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … imony.html

So the witch sniffer general turns out to have misrepresented their credentials. Whoever could have imagined such a thing?

totally unacceptable. he should get a lawyer and sue them for millions. another better lab should hire him immediately. what’s wrong with people?! idiots!

insanity. 90 journalists were there and nobody can corroborate the story?

[quote=“Kiwi”][quote=“Mucha Man”]

Don’t lean on me man cause you can’t afford the ticket back from suffragette city.[/quote]

Got zero idea what this even means.[/quote]

David Bowie song.

Some more follow up on how the Tim Hunt witch hunt unfolded.

unfashionista.com/2015/07/02/the … e-process/

Hysteria from start to finish, but being feminist/diversity hysteria it not only gets a pass but gets results.

A career ruined over nothing at all.

I read something similar elsewhere - sorry, can’t remember where - which gave some context for the rest of the speech. It turns out he was poking fun at himself for being an old dinosaur.

Like I said, the guy is just not good at giving speeches. Demanding revenge when somebody “offends” you is absolutely f’ing disgusting. Reminds me of that nutcase who got a couple of nerdy programmers fired because she overheard them make a comment about dongles (or something similarly puerile and innocuous) at a nerd conference.

Incidentally, I think the Dean deserves to be fired for being called “Geraint”. It offends me.