Ditzy girl unwittingly makes argument in support of mathematical Platonism

1 Like

Oh no!
Everything I ever knew it’s wrong!
:exploding_head:
I need to sit down and count to ten to calm down.

No wait! … Counting is math and math is fake!
I can’t count anymore!
How will I ever can down again?!
:runaway:

1 Like

One more reason to shut down Tik Tok.

Lots of dumb people on TikTok because they can’t do anything else but they can make some money on TikTok.

1 Like

Aaaand its gonna be there for everyone to see forever.

This is something I have a big issue with. Young people are not only being failed monumentally in education, they no longer even have a chance to rectify it. It’s tragic.

They invented algebra to confuse make-up girls? Or it was invented, they came up with it to be posted on TikTok? Nostradamus knew it probably.

1 Like

Of course he knew it.
He was part of the C.O.N.S.P.I.R.A.C.Y. since the beginning!

This is a perfectly reasonable question for a teenage girl to ask about something that seems as arbritary and unnecessary for her life as algebra. She basically articulated my thoughts about algebra from when I was that age and forced to learn it, but she did so in a more articulate way than I was able to. Now it’s very likely she’ll be dogged by this for the rest of her life. I’m so glad there was no social media around when I was a teenager because I was a right moron at that age.

3 Likes

Seems dumb, but I might’ve been a bit more interested in math if my teachers bothered to bring up and discuss some of the more existential questions about it instead of just force-feeding me a bunch of seemingly meaningless formulas.

2 Likes