Divers: have you ever met a shark?

Someone I know used to spy for the ROC/KMT in mainland China. One time he got caught and locked up, but escaped and swam out to sea. He passed out in the water, and when he came to there were sharks circling around him. He is very carnivorous, but he won’t eat shark meat, because he is grateful to the sharks for not eating him.

Shark meat tastes very rich and smoky. I don’t like it.

Grew up in Florida and have had many encounters there with hammerheads, bulls, A tiger once (that is the one that scared the shit out of me cause I was dragging a small amberjack that I had just speared), and many reef sharks. Have not did any dives yet here, but looking forward to starting soon.

I’ve seen reef sharks and pilot whales on a dive in North Sulawesi. Indonesia. Saw sharks when I was surfing in the line up in Hawaii when I was a kid-the locals said they would eat me first because i was “white meat”. Surfed with seals, sea lions in Santa Cruz, California. I’m going surfing in Bodega Ba,Ca next July near Salmon Creek which has a lot of incidents between people and great whites. Nusa Dua in Bali is said to have a shark who comes out at dusk near mushroom rock-it spooks the locals so much they head in shore right as the sun goes down-never saw that shark but saw a VERY large ray there two years ago.

My friends did the hammerhead dive in Green Island they had some amazing photos. Hammerheads-interesting species, very attracted to underwater mountains and only school during the day.

I don’t eat shark anymore but I remember having shark on meatless Fridays growing up Catholic. I will personally beat the crap out of anyone I catch eating whaleshark. they took it off the menu in a retaurant in Yi Lan that my friends and I frequent after we complained. They use to have a photo of the owner standing next to one with a huge hook through its mouth-they took the photo down too.

[quote=“Bubba 2 Guns”]I’ve seen reef sharks and pilot whales on a dive in North Sulawesi. Indonesia. Saw sharks when I was surfing in the line up in Hawaii when I was a kid-the locals said they would eat me first because i was “white meat”. Surfed with seals, sea lions in Santa Cruz, California. I’m going surfing in Bodega Ba,Ca next July near Salmon Creek which has a lot of incidents between people and great whites. Nusa Dua in Bali is said to have a shark who comes out at dusk near mushroom rock-it spooks the locals so much they head in shore right as the sun goes down-never saw that shark but saw a VERY large ray there two years ago.

My friends did the hammerhead dive in Green Island they had some amazing photos. Hammerheads-interesting species, very attracted to underwater mountains and only school during the day.

I don’t eat shark anymore but I remember having shark on meatless Fridays growing up Catholic. I will personally beat the crap out of anyone I catch eating whaleshark. they took it off the menu in a retaurant in Yilan that my friends and I frequent after we complained. They use to have a photo of the owner standing next to one with a huge hook through its mouth-they took the photo down too.[/quote]

I love sharks and diving with them…From seeing a Great white as a kid, to the hundreds I’ve seen so far in 2007.

I did the Green Island trip during CNY, and although I only saw one Hammerhead it ranks as one of the most beautiful shark sightings I’ve ever seen. Palau provided sharks in numbers.

Sharks seen in the ocean for me:

Great White
Hammerhead
Whitetip reef shark
Blacktip reef shark
Grey Reef Shark
Leopard Shark
Nurse Shark
Oceanic Whitetip Shark
The little Taiwan Tofu shark
Silvertip Shark

I really want to see a Whale shark…Next year I plan to pursue that in earnest.

Second on the list is a Tiger Shark, and third is a Great White…But I want to do this outside a cage, and not on scuba.

[quote=“MJB”]Second on the list is a Tiger Shark, and third is a Great White…But I want to do this outside a cage, and not on scuba.[/quote]There was a programme on Discovery about California. Justine Shapiro, the presenter, said that Californians are famous for going to extremes in everything. The name “MJB” came instantly to mind.