Divorce advice (adultery)

[Mod’s note: OP’s post was removed at his request.]

Not a great outlook , I fear.
If you qualify for an ARC through work in Taiwan, you could revert to that.
Sadly, you will lose your Jfrv, if you divorce, as I understand it.

There’s no law against this, but she may not be too happy about it. The only way she can get a divorce from you is if she can prove abuse or adultery on your part. If you stay married for five years, you can apply for permanent residency (or you can become a citizen after three years, but you have to give up your original citizenship), and then get divorced. That may be a long time for people married in name only to stay married though.

1 Like

Since the OP can theoretically prove adultery, I would say the deck is stacked in his favour. She clearly doesn’t seem too bothered about the practicalities of actually being married, so perhaps the OP can come to some arrangement. It’d be no skin off her nose (TBH I’m rather wondering why she even agreed to get married). No need for explicit threats of prosecution; she would surely appreciate she’s in a sticky position.

1 Like

Sorry you’re going through this mate…Been there myself and know how hard it is…You do have some options …like get a job in a company and get a work permit through them or separate amicably (come to terms with her) and see if she is willing to let you stay on the JFRV with her…although this is highly improbable but worth a shot. Good luck!

1 Like

Your wife has probably cheated on your more than twice, its just the two times you are aware of. I would not be surprised if she has cheated on you ten times more than you are aware of. You may want to have yourself checked for STDs.

So sorry to hear about your situation. Why don’t you confront her about those sexual messages on her phone? Women are so into reading romantic novels nowadays. Sexting (texting flirtatious) messages to strangers are ways to escape the mundane relationships most people get into. Marriage is for creating children. People in love do not need a piece of paper to stay in a healthy matrimonial relationship. In love then go on, fall out of love then move on as simple as that. Young couples often have cold feet going into marriage and have doubts after living together for a while. Are you having a great sex life with your spouse? Great sex is the best way to maintain a healthy marriage. When it comes to sex. Just do it. It is the ultimate bonding experience

Marriage is for rearing children perhaps ? Creating them is a lot easier.