Divorce and Visa consequences - Enjoy the happy moments in life

Well said, I already talked to some bureaus and lawyers and they all said i should be able to get the APRC after a couple of years. You are right, I am still very young but this is the path i chose, I won’t see her anymore (live separated) but i never ever thought that i would divorce… Marriage is something very important to me but it looks like she can just throw it away like this. Thanks a lot for the words man!

7 Likes

I kinda have proof but probably not enough.
She obviously deleted everything on Instagram and everywhere else related to me. Its a taiwanese from her university. She talks and chats daily with this guy and pinned him on top of line. She also send texts to me where she said “for me i am single now and can see other people, you mean nothing to me”. I also recorded a phone call where they talk about going to a hotel. We loved separated in the house and she also moved out yesterday.

IMO this is precisely the type of woman you don’t want to maintain any connection to. If you’re dead set on residency here, hopefully you can find a solution that doesn’t involve remaining married to this person. She’s bad news.

3 Likes

Hope things work out for you. Don’t rush things so much next time. It sounds like you got married after knowing her less than a year, and i’m guessing she is around your age so both of you are very young. Way too young and inexperienced with relationships and with the county’s culture to commit like that. Living with her dad while she moved out is pretty awkward too.
Anyway hopefully you learn something.

1 Like

If I marry someone just to get a jfrv, ie it’s a “fake” marriage, this would be illegal.

But is it legal to continue a marriage “officially”, ie a real marriage that became a “fake marriage”, solely for the purpose of continuing to have a jfrv?

Don’t really see why the above 2 are that different, both are probably illegal.

Perhaps someone who knows can chip in, are you allowed to continue applying for jfrv on a fake marriage(which was a real one previously)

2 Likes

You could argue the marriage was made in good faith but just didnt work out in the end.

2 Likes

Right, agree.

But, some of the posters here are arguing to prolong the marriage solely for the purpose of the visa.

Wouldn’t this be similar to having entered a employment contract, the contract ends, but you convince the “employer” to sponsor your visa even though you don’t work there ?

1 Like

If you go by technicalities, the JFRV looses it’s validity at the moment the marriage becomes a “fake”. OP should be on the safe side since the only way for the NIA to know the marriage has ended is when the divorce papers are signed. His Ex could tip the NIA off but she would expose herself to punishment for enabling a “fake” marriage to continue and helping OP obtaining an APRC on false grounds.

You’re thinking too much. Divorce requires both parties to sign. She wants to leave. She is allegedly cheating. If she wants out she needs to provide concessions. OP did nothing wrong from what I am reading.

Why should he get punished by leaving his life behind?

He went into a marriage in good faith. It’s legal.

6 Likes

It could be possible someone’s baby would be registered as your baby, which could be extra troubles.

4 Likes

It’s not a question of if the OP did anything wrong, I was just questioning the legality of staying on a jfrv after the grounds on which it was approved have changed.

I also get that in practice it would be hard for NIA or anyone else to prove anything.

We shouldn’t encourage him to break the law though(I think it’s against forum rules as well) by saying the should move out, ignore her, etc but keep the jfrv…

If I were op, I would gather the infos concerning legal measures for his divorce, what the requirements are to stay in tw, how his employer can help him etc. Then I’d make a pro and con list and sleep the good old prussian night before making the next move.

Oh and one tip: When communicating with your ex, always have witnesses, and be civilized. Don’t give her the gratification of getting angry. Also write down since when you’re living apart in order to prove the impossibility of eventual fatherhood claims.

2 Likes

Damn dude! She sounds so cold and heartless!
But such a rapid 180 degree change makes me wonder what happened. Could it be possible she was somehow manipulated?

1 Like

Probably just her own fairytale imagination how great it would be to be married to a foreigner. Some denial of issues, hoping for it to change after marriage.
Intercultural marriage is not easy and requires concessions and understanding from both sides.

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: From prayer breakfast

Well, we knew each other around 3 years before getting married and both had our fair share of relationships.it was a hard decision to get married because of our age but we really thought it through. She suddenly changed, became a completely different person and that i can’t believe. I don’t love this person, i love her original personality

1 Like

Such a rapid change sounds like she may have been manipulated.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what i thought. She is the sweetest most caring person. I was studying Chinese ar home, she went studying with her classmates and came back and said “we need to talk, i want to end it, i don’t love you anymore and we will never have a future” i was super surprised, she was always the one saying that people have to fight for love and relationships can always be repaired. I told her we can try and i love her like a nothing else in this world. She said “i don’t care, you should go back to Germany”. Hurts…

1 Like

3 Likes

Well, good luck mate. I think its pretty obvious this is a case of rushing into things / young age. but if you think otherwise i won’t argue, hope it works out.

3 Likes