Divorce in Taiwan - Kaoshiung city

hello everybody,

I am European, married with a Taiwanese lady for more than 20 years. I would like to know if we divorce, what is the distribution about assets in Taiwan and China…
Do you know who is a good lawyer in charge of this procedure?
Thank you.

here you go!

4 Likes

If you are living in Taiwan registered here and allthat, foreign countrys’ laws (china or otherwise) dont really matter unless you have innaces/assets there.

In taiwan it can be pretty easy if you both agree. If all sides agree the government doesnt give any kind of shits. Sign the line and its a done deal. One of the easiest countries to get divorced in IF you both are mature and settled sht yourself. If one doesnt agree, taiwan can be incredibly difficult to gain freedom!

2 Likes

Thank you Marco. Do they speak English?

thank you for your answer. One of my preoccupation is the asset in China is under her name. But the assets are bought during our marriage. Is there any way to secure for me?

If you have assets in a foreign country, certainly seems like lawyer time unless you are both in complete agreement on everything

Are you the guy whose wife put your small 3’s conversations with you on blast all over FB teacher groups a couple of weeks ago?

Edit: Just asked my wife; that guy’s name wasn’t Peter. Good luck anyway.

5 Likes

Yes.

2 Likes

Depending on your asset, you may not be able to transfer this over to your name anyway if you win. You will need to pay for a lawyer who deals within china and try to get one with good guanxi. In China your wife can be classed as an overseas chinese, this will give her more legal standing in the country than you.

1 Like

Thank you for ur answer. Do you know good lawyer cabinet who has office in Taiwan and China to solve this issue? who can help me to deal with 2 countries…

thanks for your answer

1 Like

Ouch

not that i could recommend

@Marco 's lawyer comes recommended, and even if he can’t help i’m sure he can point you in the right direction.