Do all households have cockroaches?

I was wondering the same.
Whoever it is is quite witty. Keep 'em coming!

Because it is the ‘guest’ account?

yea that worked for me!

she hunted them for about the first 3 weks then no more.

I love my cat :notworthy:

A cockroach is a disease-carrying organism that threatens public health whether it dwells in an urban apartment building or in a public housing project

They crawl through the sewage and crap left in the bathroom buckets of asian’s, and luv to plant eggs there so they have crap (literally) to eat when dey hatch.

unlike beatles, u can’t “live” wid em…

I don’t know, but this is the funniest thread I have ever read on forumosa, and I wish this poster or posters would post all the time.

“you go roach” :bravo: CLASSIC!

I just thought I would pipe in and say “I don’t have roaches, neener neener neener”

Slightly off topic: What do you call a female Cockroach?

(Hint…think anatomy or an obnoxious Englishman)

[quote=""]Try this:

Leave an open Taiwan beer bottle, with a little beer in the bottom, in a discreet corner.

Roaches love beer and will get in the bottle but be unable to climb out. When three or four are in there, tip up the bottle and execute.

Cheers,[/quote]

And it’s just good decor. Having partially drunken beer bottles on your floor with cockroaches a couple of cockroaches scratching away inside. When you have guests over and they ask why you have two cockroaches in a beer bottle you can reply “I need at least three in there before I kill em” .

cockroaches crawl through the water drains and come up randomly through them looking for food…this is why you find the random roach inside your bathroom…I’ve been able to keep my apartment completely cockroach free for the past two years (I have not seen one in my apartment during this period)…other than the obvious of keeping the apartment clean, I also liberally place those roach baits that last about 4 month in most corners of my house where I think roaches may crawl around…I also change them on a regular basis…when I first bought the baits, I found cockroaches sitting sunny-side up around my apartment…after cleaning up the carcasses for a few days…the roaches just completely disappeared…I have not seen any more of them since…but I still keep the baits around for in case…

Baits and cats: it;s a deadly combination (and cheaper than buying cat toys).

AFAIK they like it dark, warm and humid.

I think running the air-con may also help to keep roaches (and other insects like mosquitos) away since the air will then be cool and dry, which they don’t like.

Roaches live in (and eat) each other’s feces.
Clean?
Bollocks.
And most bathrooms, esp. Taiwan-style “full contact” ones, are loaded with dead skin, unless you scrub the walls and floor down every day.
Roach Benihana.
I read somewhere that a roach can live for weeks just on the glue on a single postage stamp.

There is also some correlation between roaches and asthma.

Don’t stick them in your nose.

My advice: Eat 'em!

Sometimes I deep fry them, other times I pan fry them in a bit of soya sauce. Quite tasty and a rich source of proteien.

Funny how your roach problem disappear when they become part of your diet. It’s like trying to find (a) good steak in Taiwan.

And no, I’m not joking.

[quote=“stan”]My advice: Eat 'em!

Sometimes I deep fry them, other times I pan fry them in a bit of soya sauce. Quite tasty and a rich source of proteien.

Funny how your roach problem disappear when they become part of your diet. It’s like trying to find (a) good steak in Taiwan.

And no, I’m not joking.[/quote]

Nothing like being on top of the food chain. :laughing:

Don’t stick them in your nose.[/quote]

:laughing: Yuck!

Seriously, though, here is some information re the correlationship.

Let me tell you about my encounter with Cockzilla. This bastard is huge. I mean, I thought I had a rat problem (I did, but that

[quote=“sandman”]We used a bug bomb – one of those devices that comes in a can. You close all the doors and windows, open the can, leave it in the middle of the house and go out for a few hours.
Come back, sweep up the bodies and that’s it. We had to do it twice, but we had a pretty stubborn infestation.
Make sure you haven’t put any bleach or household cleaners into your toilet, though, or you might get an explosion.
Lots of these strong pesticides and cleansers are not compatible![/quote]

Hpoe you were’nt using this stuff ri-research.com/techinfo/pro … phostoxin’
OR

vngas.com/pdf/g57.pdf#search … omidemsds’

These are deady fumigants used in whats called “bug bombs” They(chemicals) are banned in most industrialized countries or being phased out. Taiwan continues to use them despite safer and more envriornmentally sound methods that are available.

I used to work for the Port Authorities. Some guy died when they were fumagating a ship with that stuff.Some A-hole didn’t completely seal the hold and the gas escaped into the cabins.

I’ve never met you before…