Do all of you feel inadequate being single?

I think that the whole world and especially the women in this world feel inadequate if they are not hitched or if they do not have a regular partner in their lives.

Do you feel inadequate being a single man or a single woman?

What’s wrong with being single, not chained by a spouse or screaming kids for the rest of your life?

[quote=“Budda Boy”]I think that the whole world and especially the women in this world feel inadequate if they are not hitched or if they do not have a regular partner in their lives.

Do you feel inadequate being a single man or a single woman?

What’s wrong with being single, not chained by a spouse or screaming kids for the rest of your life?[/quote]

When the husband is ready the wife and kids will appear.

Not inadequate but I’d rather be hitched.

well, I guess not everyone feel bad being single. Some apparently enjoy it, but surprisingly to the common opinion among youngsters, most of people grow up and actually want to stop being single, because they love to be with a wife and “yappy kids”. Most is not all though.

Nothing’s wrong with either being single or in a relationship. It depends what makes one happy, safe, satisfied and so on.

If you’re confident that you can be in a relationship any time you want then being single is fine. It’s mostly those who fear being single forever that worry about being single.

I think first of all you need to be happy by yourself. You cannot attract happy people if you are not happy yourself. I believe you can’t make anyone else happy, happiness comes from within, not from the outside. Society can make you feel “inadequate” because you have not found a partner, but no one can make you feel bad about yourself without your consent. It can get on your nerves, though… quite annoying, but eventually even those voices fade away. It is not easy to fight the system, and through grinding repetition it might get you down. But remember what I said first: be happy, surround yourself with happy people, be positive. The rest is frosting.

In any case, there will always be cats:

i’m happy being single. I just don’t like how society treats you differently because you’re single, especially in Asia with its sheepleness and herd mentality.

[quote=“Icon”]

[/quote]

:roflmao:

[quote=“tomthorne”][quote=“Icon”]

[/quote]

:roflmao:[/quote]

I’ve put this one yesterday on my FB saying it’s not so bad fate in my opinion :smiley: I hope they know my address :pray:

I feel more inadequate in a relationship than I do being single. When I’m single there’s no one there to shatter the illusion

Want to feel inadequate? Get married.

I am entirely adequate at being single. Some past girlfriends have, in fact, told me I excel at it!

touche! this must be the most poignant post in the whole thread!

Actually the whole farce of wasting time and energy trying to be in a “successful” relationship/marriage just to prove that you are one of the crowd no different from your neighbors, colleagues, siblings, etc, exist in the West too…

how many hollywood movies have been produced in an attempt to brainwash the general populace especially the younger ladies with the corrupted notion that there is no higher purpose for the women in this world than to be a happily married mother with young kids?

how many hollywood movies have been produced in order to brainwash the men of this world that it is cool to impregnate as many women as possible with the entire populace being kept in the dark about the ill-effects of man giving his seed and life-force away?

To be a wife/husband and a mother/father is the epitome of slavery… A married human has to bloody serve his/her husband/wife and kids… Surely there is a higher purpose for the women and men of this world than to be work their assess off as economic slaves with no other role than to slave away and bring up their children as the next generation of economic slaves…

And please don’t give me crap about how happy married couples are being slaves to their spouses and children… I don’t see no difference being a human parent and a rooster/hen in a coop…

[quote=“Budda Boy”]
Actually the whole farce of wasting time and energy trying to be in a “successful” relationship/marriage just to prove that you are one of the crowd no different from your neighbors, colleagues, siblings, etc, exist in the West too…

how many Hollywood movies have been produced in an attempt to brainwash the general populace especially the younger ladies with the corrupted notion that there is no higher purpose for the women in this world than to be a happily married mother with young kids?

how many Hollywood movies have been produced in order to brainwash the men of this world that it is cool to impregnate as many women as possible with the entire populace being kept in the dark about the ill-effects of man giving his seed and life-force away?

To be a wife/husband and a mother/father is the epitome of slavery… A married human has to bloody serve his/her husband/wife and kids… Surely there is a higher purpose for the women and men of this world than to be work their assess off as economic slaves with no other role than to slave away and bring up their children as the next generation of economic slaves…

And please don’t give me crap about how happy married couples are being slaves to their spouses and children… I don’t see no difference being a human parent and a rooster/hen in a coop…[/quote]

I don’t see marriage that way at all. I think that it can be an awesome partnership of like-minded people who work together and support each other to achieve both individual and shared goals.

Man, you lost me at “giving his life force away”. When you stop talking this hippie nonsense, I will come back to this thread.

Over and out.

[quote=“Novaspes”]Man, you lost me at “giving his life force away”. When you stoo talking this hippie nonsense, I will come back to this thread.

Over and out.[/quote]

:laughing:

how many Hollywood movies have been produced in an attempt to brainwash the general populace especially the younger ladies with the corrupted notion that there is no higher purpose for the women in this world than to be a happily married mother with young kids?

how many Hollywood movies have been produced in order to brainwash the men of this world that it is cool to impregnate as many women as possible with the entire populace being kept in the dark about the ill-effects of man giving his seed and life-force away?

And please don’t give me crap about how happy married couples are being slaves to their spouses and children… I don’t see no difference being a human parent and a rooster/hen in a coop…[/quote]

Please do tell us how you feel…

Truth be told, that is a very pragmatic, detached point of view you explain there. I do agree that we are sold a Hollywoodesque version in the media. I was just reading about the kidnapped girls and I think Elizabeth Smart or someone else who had been in that plight was stating that she had been told that if yo were not a virgin, then you were like chewed up gum. No one wants chewed up gum. So that also zapped teh energy she needed to escape, as she thought why go out? who’d want her now? yet, seh fought that, among other things, escaped/was rescued and eventually married, had a family, a good job. Shge straightened her life good after she got rid of the “programming”. That is, if you think that after all that having a family is a good thing.

Having kids is a biological urge, a very strong one, otherwise there wouldn’t be so many of us.

Now if they made it easier to raise kids as a single parent then there would be far more single parents instead of people rushing to get married first. Being a single parent doesn’t mean you can’t be in a relationship either, but it can be tough here.