Do all Taiwanese "Old friends" suck like this?

I’m sorry, but I have no respect for people in Amway (except the guy who started it…whoever that is).

Making money off your friends is just not cool…

From the title of this post, I thought this thread belonged in the Dating and Relationships Forum.

Seriously though, I would have showed her the door…having to listen to her sales pitch for a few minutes at the door is one thing, but as an overnight guest? :astonished: That would be like watching a sales channel on Tv for 24-hour periods.

Well, she’s gone and my wife said that her “friend” told her “I think your husband dislikes me” before she left. My wife told her that the reason I was cold was that I don’t appreciate old friends showing up out of nowhere and using friendship as an excuse to sell us something we never hinted at wanting. Who knows what she thought of that.

And I told my wife it’s not that I dislike her friend, I don’t know her, because the whole time she was in the house she was talking insurance. :raspberry:

blah

jd

Who needs “friends” like that? Yuck!

We’ve had this a couple times now. I found a good way to deal with it is to pretend interest, let them fo their whole spiel, show the catalogues, samples, etc. Go all the way, preferably over the course of a week or two, making sure the “friend” needs to come over to the house several times for further consultations, and only THEN explain why using so-called “friends” in that way is not cool.

JD, sure hope you didn

[quote]JD, sure hope you didn

It seems on the plus side that you can trust your wife not to go and buy the insurance from the friend. If she was at all succeptible to her friends sales pitch that surely would have been worse.
MrsHill is in the unfortunate position of having her mother call her cronies up and getting them round to try and sell her insurance, jade, HongKong foot powders, you name it. I have to say, all power to her elbow, I have seen her shout her mother down when the cronies have departed and MrsHill has managed to resist the armfuls of crap thrust at her. The insurance ‘power team’ as we playfully call them, have been on her back for months. They turn up at 9am on a Sunday, they haven’t washed, they stay for over an hour, and MrsHill repeats over and over “I don’t want to buy any insurance.” As they are mummies friends she can’t outright tell them to eff off, so has to play the game over and over.

One Sunday morning Old Tom will return from a ‘sociable’ night on the beers, and give them a few choice words.

So let us give thanks that out women can bat off the lure of the dreaded and the pointless sales techniques.

Oh, and to answer your question, that women was a bitch for staying at your house. :slight_smile:

I run an insurance sales team…sorry to all who suffer.

Actually my guys aren’t agents they work out of E.Sun Bank’s branches but I still feel for you who have suffered. If it is any consolation most of Asia is the same and we are working to change it honest.

hehe. kipling’s epitaph comes to mind

Kipling’s Epitaph?

Now, it is not good for the Christian’s health to hustle the Aryan brown,

For the Christian riles, and the Aryan smiles, and he weareth the Christian down;

And the end of the fight is a tombstone white, with the name of the late deceased,

And the epitaph drear: ‘A fool lies here who tried to hustle the East.’

…Not sure I follow?

[quote=“Edgar Allen”]I run an insurance sales team…sorry to all who suffer.

Actually my guys aren’t agents they work out of E.Sun Bank’s branches but I still feel for you who have suffered. If it is any consolation most of Asia is the same and we are working to change it honest.[/quote]

If you are running an insurance sales team, it is no wonder you are afraid of being buried alive…

i doubt very much you’re going to change anything like that. good luck though.

TG

50% of our business in HK and India now comes from Bank sales as opposed to Agency. It will take some time but we are aiming for 20% in Taiwan this year.

Not everything in life is impossible to change… :laughing:

This just in, she “forgot” her cell phone charger in our house. :unamused:

Leave it hanging from the front door handle, after all she is only coming back to pick it up right :unamused:

[quote=“jdsmith”]This just in, she “forgot” her cell phone charger in our house. :unamused:[/quote]Taking a page from the George Costanza playbook…

Does she want to buy a new phone? Perhaps you could offer to sell her one? After all, what are friends for?

[quote=“Edgar Allen”]
50% of our business in HK and India now comes from Bank sales as opposed to Agency. It will take some time but we are aiming for 20% in Taiwan this year.

Not everything in life is impossible to change… :laughing:[/quote]

i bet old friends from the bank will be calling us before long then :slight_smile:

No TG, you’re right. I should have listened to the Agency guys, the old ways work best, why change? We write lots of business by calling up old friends and staying overnight and leaving our chargers behind. Why on earth would we want to do things differently? etc etc.

I’m fairly passionate about this. I fell into Life Insurance at a point where choices were limited, it isn’t my career of choice but you know what? I am making a difference from the inside and some of it is pretty revolutionary

so yah boo sucks!