Do Brits suck?

It’s true, I suck.

VB!

Spooky!

Now what is wrong with Carlton United Breweries? VB has to be the beer most Australians drink, so why don’t they push it as an export?

Being an Australian I generally avoid bars named “Kangaroo” or “Ned Kelly” figuring it would have to be full of loud-mouthed aussie wankers. Actually avoided the G’day cafe here in Taipei till curiosity got the better of me and I found to my horror it was pronounced the “gee day”.

Mind you I did wander into the Ned Kelly in HK one night and damn I had a good time. On the flipside I took the wife to the Ned Kelly in Bali to show her the rich cultural heritage she was planning on marrying into. :shock: Wasn’t dissapointed “dahling ah, ya farking c*nt you shen me yisi?”

HG

No insult to you and pure coincidence that Blueface likes the stuff but…

I have to reckon VB is one of the worst beers going…The hangovers are absolutely terrific…myself and my mates used to call it ‘Very Bad’…maybe the hangovers were a function of two for one specials I used to go to! It could go head to head with Taiwan beer anyday and I’m sorry to say Taiwan Beer would beat it out.

Aussie mates of mine would regularly order a VB and tell me how it was the best beer in the world (me spluttering into my drink trying not to laugh) with a solemn face (well Sydnyeysiders anyhow)

The old Carlton,not much difference.

Now for great Aussie beer I reckon you’d have to go to Tasmania—Boags, one of my all time favourites. I can still taste it.
That Red Back beer is pretty good too.

Football hooliganism is Britain at its worst… I’ve never understood the sterotype that British men are gentlemen, or that the people are polite. It’s just not true!

Annoying post removed.

Aren’t Canadians semi-Brit/semi-Yank? Now THAT sucks…

OY! And they’ve got French in them! Wow, Canadians just have to suck now.

Oi! War Monkey!

The first photo is the victim. He’s dead.

Dunc

[quote=“Big Dunc”]Oi! War Monkey!

The first photo is the victim. He’s dead.

Dunc[/quote]Yikes. Looks like my judgement at 1am after a few beers sucks as bad as a Brit on holiday.

I owe you one. You get some guanxi.

War Monkey

No worries mate! Now let’s get back to the Brit bashing!

Just to add some context, here are some lines from British telly:

“From Norwich, it’s the Sale of the Century”.

“Ooooh, I could crush a grape”.
“Ooooh, I could jump off a doll’s house”.
“Ooooh, I could rip a tissue”.

"Cheggers plays pop du da du da . . . "

“Oooh you are awful, but ah like ya”!

While a large proportion of my fellow Brits are anything but gentlemanly or polite, there are still quite a few of us who do know how to comport ourselves with decorum. I hope we need not all be tarred with the same brush.

No. haven’t and wont bother to read the thread. Just responding to the question.

Chou

Okay against my better judgment I am going to wade into this.

The British have a large loutish class of ruffians. Compare that with the gangsta rappers in the states and trailer trash in the States or similar groups in Australia and continental europe and it probably equals the same percentage of people.

What the British do have as a nation, however, that I admire very much is a sense of duty, loyalty and honor. These are hardly qualities that I would ascribe to the french or germans or really any continentals. That is why it is so difficult for the cynical French to accept American or British goals at their face value. They are always looking for the angle or the screw because that is the way they would behave.

Overall, the British get high points in my book. I know many of them in Taipei. They have the best balls in town (Britannia this Saturday and St. Andrews in November). They are classy, well organized and fantastic fun. Just to compare. The British population 60 million will have sold out the entire ballroom (42 tables with extra people crammed in so maybe 440 people? and have a waiting list).

July 14 I went to the French (population 60 million ) “ball” which consisted of 11 tables, with empty chairs a buffet and cheap red/white table wine. The price was similar. Many of the invitees were diplomatic or local officials thus watering down the attendance figures even further. There are no such invites at the British ball. It is completely voluntary attendance and this is the reaction they get. Obviously there is something in the British that gives them not one but the two top balls. St. Andrews sells out like hotcakes too. In all fairness the Germans, Swiss and Dutch prefer smaller more intimate affairs but the french fight and refuse to talk to each other and won’t cooperate among themselves so there is never a big turnout. Says a lot about the national character.

Thank you, Fred Smith. Yes, you’re so right, we do have the balls.

The biggest balls.

[quote=“chodofu”]No. haven’t and wont bother to read the thread. Just responding to the question.

Chou[/quote]
Oh, well, ok, if we’re actually bothering to answer the question: yes, but only the really, really sweet ones. And flowers help. :stuck_out_tongue:

I like the Poms though they can be sloppy drinkers at times…

If we’re now talking sloppy drinking, it’s got to go: (Least sloppy at the top)

1. Irish (but they do tend to get a bit sorry for themselves at a late stage)
  2. British (Scots bring the average up; the Welsh bring it down)
  3. American servicemen on Penghu
  4. Kiwis
  5. Aussies
    6-98 Everybody else
  6. Canadians
  7. Taiwanese

(No offense meant to any nationality not included, of course!) :wink:

magnolia, you left off the germans!

Oops! Ta! In at number 3, d’ya think? Perhaps they could go under “Generic Continental North European Loutish Type”… :wink: