Do guys really want a "sassy" girl?

Depends on how hot she is. If she’s at hot as that korean chick, i’ll call her daddy if she wants. I personally like some feistiness.

I should clarify that when I said “sassy” I meant in the way that the girl behaves in the Korean movie My Sassy Girl and in the recent Coke ad. She’s violent and bossy and pouts when she doesn’t get her way.

I guess it’s supposed to be cute, since the actress is hot, but I found it really distasteful. When I told one of my guy friends how much I hated that movie, he told me that in reality lots of guys want to be slapped around by a cute girl.

…I didn’t really believe him though. Maybe it would be enticing when she’s young and beautiful, but who wants to be slapped around by a bossy women in her 50’s? :noway:

Isn’t that the natural progression for women. 20’s “sassy” … 50’s “feminist”

Depends on the context of the slapping :laughing:

Seriously, I don’t care how cute she is, if she starts smacking me about, I’m giving her the hard word. And if she doesn’t quit trying to smack me about, I’m kicking her to the curb. She’s obviously got no common bloody sense, or respect for that matter. And needless to say, I ain’t hitting no woman, so I’d expect the same respect.

Ah…I’ve not seen the film, but I understand the Coke ad now.

Nah, I don’t condone woman-on-man violence whether that be within in a relationship or ‘just for kicks’. And if she was really that good-looking… I’ll bet she’s got a Dorian Gray-type self portrait in her attic.

If I was the guy though, and I was getting abused/walloped - I wouldn’t think it was ‘sassy’ or cute. I’d start to wonder exactly why I was with such a pathologically flawed, violent femme-beast when there are hundreds of perfectly sane women out there.

Well, maybe dozens. But it’s a big planet, and they’re hard to find among the other billions. :loco:

Well, mo-one likes being hit by their woman… My ex used to do that, and well… that over time became one of the gravestones in that relationship.

I think the correct term for this type of woman is "dominatrix’ :s

Durins, are you saying you like to spank sassy girls or you want to be spanked by a sassy girl? Just curious :smiley:

I thought we’d all secretly favor “spicy” over “sassy”.

It takes a clever woman to flirt with an acerbic tongue. If you’re not clever about it then, of course, you

In other words, if you’re going to be “sassy”, you got to have the brains to back it up. Few things go more wrong than a stupid person trying to be clever.

A woman with strong opinions, a sharp wit, a real spine, fun loving, and daring, and challanging… yeah. If, that’s sassy - sounds great.

Bitchyness gets old fast, and the hitting and slapping thing… No. No way.

My old man, a Marine who fought in WWII and the Korean War raised me Old School. A gentleman NEVER raises a hand to a woman, regardless of the provocation. Period. Thankfully, most men follow the same golden rule.

But then you hear about women who haul off and hit their men all the time. Totally whack if you ask me.

I had a mate in Taiwan who’s Japanese girlfriend would closed fist punch him in the face, every couple of months when she got especially drunk. Sometimes he’d have little bruises on his face the next day. He was usually totally drunk, too, and did his best to dodge and calm her. He was an Old School gentleman and never struck back, but he endured years of her crap before that rage in her sort of mellowed with time.

Violent women are not sexy, and if having to turn the other cheek while some sassy chick clocks me, becasue she has unresolved anger management issues, than, no I don’t wan’t a “sassy” girl.

(Thankfully, I’ve never personally encountered a physically abusive female)

couldn’t have said it better, although this statement goes for guys as well. Being sassy can be cute and can add spice to a conversation/relationship, but one-dimensional sassyness (not being able to let ones guard down) turns me off big time.
People who are constantly looking for the next clever remark are quite unpleasant to be around, since I always get the feeling I am just part of their ego-show.

More ‘sassiness’ observed today when I was having my lunch in the grand hall of my university. I shared a bench with this Mancunian guy who looked like a bouncer and his Japanese girlfriend who kept hitting him, and not softly either - He was trying to persuade her to go online and ‘find a job’, she just acted like an utter cretin by not replying to him seriously and falling face-first onto his knees, giggling and thumping him really hard.
The guy kept looking around, I think he was embarrassed.

Well … some guys do, some don’t.
The thing I don’t get, and I see it all the time, is when you’re a nice girl, you’re dead meat in a relationship.
If you’re a bitch, moaning and manipulative, playing nasty games, he clings to you (although “complaining” to his mates - seems more like bragging).
How does that work?

[quote=“banshette”]Well … some guys do, some don’t.
The thing I don’t get, and I see it all the time, is when you’re a nice girl, you’re dead meat in a relationship.
If you’re a bitch, moaning and manipulative, playing nasty games, he clings to you (although “complaining” to his mates - seems more like bragging).
How does that work?[/quote]

Not for me. :noway:

I have had my share of those, and I left them rather fast.

You have to be veyr beautiful and perhaps rich as well to pull that one off with success over the long run.

Or probably a Lance Armstrong, nay, a Sir Edmund Hillary, nay, a Pele, nay, a Babe Ruth, nay, a Jacques Costeau (sp?), nay, a Martina Navritolova, nay, a Mohammed Ali (Cassius Clay for the old-timers like me), nay, a Carl Lewis etc etc in the sack? Or what?
As for “in the long run”, what the hell is that?

Forgot to say, there goes my last chance of ever getting a date again.

[quote=“banshette”]
As for “in the long run”, what the hell is that?[/quote]

Till when your beauty wears off.