Do I need a confirmation of these documents at TW Embassy?

[color=#FF4080]I am going to Taiwan a few weeks later and I’m planning to get married with my boyfriend there. :heart:
Because of some reasons, I’ll be able to get only 30 days visa… (but I hope it will not be a problem?)

Today I got “Police Record” and “Single” certifications proven at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
But the man who is working there told me that I also need to go to the Embassy in Taiwan to get
these documents proven, again… :idunno:

I want to ask, is it true? Do I must to go to the Taiwan Embassy to do this?
And if it’s true, I really cannot understand - why? :eh:

Sorry, maybe my questions seems a little silly… This is the first time when I’m doing such things,
so I don’t know much about it.

I will be really very very thankful if someone can answer. Maybe someone had the same situation?
And I need to know it as soon as possible… :runaway: [/color]

[quote=“Rainbou”]I am going to Taiwan a few weeks later and I’m planning to get married with my boyfriend there. :heart:
Because of some reasons, I’ll be able to get only 30 days visa… (but I hope it will not be a problem?)

Today I got “Police Record” and “Single” certifications proven at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
But the man who is working there told me that I also need to go to the Embassy in Taiwan to get
these documents proven, again… :idunno: [/quote]
AFAIK, you don’t need the police record clearance to get married, but it’s good to have as you will need it to get your JFRV.
However, both documents need to be translated into Chinese, they need to originate from your home country, and they need to be authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs in your home country, as well as by the Taiwanese consular office in your home country. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Taiwan won’t touch them unless that’s already been done in your home country.

[quote=“Rainbou”]I want to ask, is it true? Do I must to go to the Taiwan Embassy to do this?
And if it’s true, I really cannot understand - why? :eh: [/quote]
What I wrote above is true, because they want to make sure that your documents are issued by the correct authority and aren’t fake copies or forged in any way…

[quote=“Rainbou”]Sorry, maybe my questions seems a little silly… This is the first time when I’m doing such things,
so I don’t know much about it.

I will be really very very thankful if someone can answer. Maybe someone had the same situation?
And I need to know it as soon as possible… :runaway: [/quote]
To make it easier for people to help you, you really should keep all your queries on getting married in one thread and keep your threads on Marriage in the Marriage forum.

Here’s the link to [url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/does-somebody-know-about-marriage-in-tw/59097/8 previous answer[/url] on getting married, and after that, getting a JFRV.

Bismark is right; get them both stamped at the TECO office closest to you and it will save you a lot of hassle once here.