Do I need a degree in teaching?

I have an AA but I was wondering if they are strict over there? I heard its better to have a BA but can you still get a teaching job even if you don’t have one and I’m talking about in Taipei which I’ve heard its competitive. Please help!!

You need a degree to get a work permit and, thus, work legally.

An AA plus a TESOL certificate I believe will be OK.

A 2 yr. college diploma plus TESOL is minium qualifications. Thus, allowing me to work legally.