Do I need an attorney or a notary

My wife and her sister inherited a house. The sister wants to buy out my wife and own the house.
The sister plans to seek her own financing for the transaction.
We want to have a contract written up between the two sisters - so do we get an attorney to write the contract or will a notarized contract of our own writing be legally binding enough in Taiwan?

If you know how to write a contract which is legally and practically effective in Taiwan, I think you would not need an attorney.

It’s a house that is being discussed not anything of a modest value, I believe.
Think about what could go wrong if the contract you wrote by yourself isn’t binding or has some other issues.
Find an attorney to do it for you. Better safe than sorry.:2cents:


We hired a paralegal. So far so good.