Do I need to send in my tax report?

I work at a private Junior High school, I have my ARC through them, and because of my status as a qualified teacher I don’t need to pay any income tax. But the school still provides me with these white tax slips from time to time. Taxes are due this month, the question is, do I need to send in my tax slips, or do I have to just do nothing? Hoping its the latter!
Tom-bola

I’d say do it.

It’s becoming more common that you are required to provide a proof of tax payment certificate when you want to renew your work permit or ARC.

Logical arguments along the lines of “I’m exempt from tax so didn’t file” aren’t going to wash with the Desk Monkey in charge of your application. Best get everything done now rather than having to run around numerous different offices in a short time later.

I am a relative newcomer here in Taiwan (30 years in residence), and after reading the above … and after considering all the legal arguments that I have been heard over the years … in regard to who should or should not pay taxes … or who is or is not exempt from paying taxes … [color=darkred]my conclusion is:[/color]

I would suggest that you file.

I can now confirm that you are required to provide a proof of tax payment certificate when you want to renew your work permit or ARC. Therefore you should file; and try requesting the certificate at the same time.