Do locals just not care about air pollution or...?

Greater Tokyo is one of the biggest population centers in the whole world.

Any more excuses instead of saying…Hey we have a serious health problem here …Let’s see how we fix it !

And there are some very easy fixes such as rapidly transitioning to electric vehicles and banning random open burning of ghost money and rice stalks . Low hanging fruit.

1 Like

It’s called the roots, not an excuse. You need to get down to the roots before you solve a problem.

The point is you guys know I am right and you just don’t want to admit it

The problem is you are just defending instead of facing the issue.

2 Likes

So the mountains actually make Taiwan look better by blocking the pollution from getting to the Eastern plains from the cities on the West ?

In the end the mountains aren’t the source of the pollution nor are they causing the problem.

2 Likes

Ahhhh

Also, maybe a possible reason for the increase in droughts in Taiwan. Just checking facts.

Nope

I would say that is reliable evidence.

Not to mention the massive trucks you have driving around and idling often in EVERY neighborhood, EVERY night of the week. No humanly possible way that’s helping the environmental impact. Control trash by increasing unnecessary gas burning and creating unnecessary noise pollution. Good plan. In the US, your trash pick up is once a week, sometimes less than that. You either use your garbage disposal, learn to compost, or deal with the stench of food that you wasted by throwing it away in the first place

1 Like

That doesn’t work. There’s a reason why garbage collection is daily in Taiwan. It’s far more humid and warmer. It would smell ten times worse than it already is if garbage collection were once a week.

3 Likes

This is a world class rubbish service.

It’s a shame most of the rubbish in European cities @Gain posted were next too or near public rubbbish bins.

1 Like

What’s your point?

You said the rubbish pick up system in Taiwan means that very little trash gets dumped in public. These sites are all with in 50m of each other.

They all look like they are in the middle of nowhere.

I bet you’ve never been to those European cities.

I dont think the current garbage system has any big issues , beyond the fact that some local residents have sued the city governments because of the noise pollution . That part seems unneccessary these days.

Once again a personal attack. That adds no weight to either of our arguments.

Saying you’ve never been to Paris is a personal attack? Is a trip to Paris a basic human right?

I have heard a ton of Europeans calling Taiwan much cleaner than their home countries. You can also try googling it or looking for videos on youtube. It’s just a fact that many European and North American cities are filthy af these days. If you can’t handle that it’s not my problem.

You can even start a poll on this site about it. I am certain that you will lose.

1 Like

I’ve managed to figure out a way to cut down on my waste so that I have one standard grocery store sized trash bag/month. It’s way more about not wanting to have to lug the trash around for me than any “zero waste” bs, but it’s not that hard. You make sure you seal any chicken bones or meat scraps in a sealed bag. Toss veggie ends in the potted plants (or properly compost if you have space). Bring your own containers when getting take out. Finish your food so there’s no left overs to trash. Don’t order shit food in the first place so you don’t create food waste in the first place.

The problem here is the lifestyle of take out and oily food that makes trash “need” to be picked up daily, not that trash actually needs to be picked up daily.

1 Like

So people should change their diet just because you don’t like the garbage collection system?

this is not why your trash pick up is once a week, sometimes less than that, in the US, though.

When your culture encourages reckless waste, yes, it should change

1 Like

What’s stopping you from starting the poll.

Australia also has bugger all heavy industry, so much less pollution is made thre anyway.