Do people stilll believe in love?

Oil? I don’t need no steenking oil! Do you use oil? I doubt any of your teachers could use it because they couldn’t afford it on such low salaries.

Don’t need love to fuck. Love is bullshit. Upon realization of this fact, a person can live hapilly ever after.

[quote=“j99l88e77”][quote]Luckily (for you??) there is a thing called baby oil.

[/quote]

Oil? I don’t need no steenking oil! Do you use oil? I doubt any of your teachers could use it because they couldn’t afford it on such low salaries.

Don’t need love to fuck. Love is bullshit. Upon realization of this fact, a person can live hapilly ever after.[/quote]

Somebody didn’t get enough hugs from Mom and Dad as a child.
:loco:

Blah blah blah…
j99l88e77: Please no personal attacks. I shouldn’t need to remind you of the rules.

Very true.

I believe in mud. I have fallen in mud before.

I’m constantly in love with somebody, something, some idea, some place, some time or another. I like it and why not.

YES! YES! YES!

THAT’s what I’M talking about!

Yup, there is indeedy doody.

I feel it everyday.

Gosh, I even love you j99l88e77 :slight_smile: , unless of course we are only talking about romantic love, then no, I don’t love you.

Wanna get specific about types of love.

Right now, I am big on unconditional love, like the love I have for my boy.

Ok, post a copy of your last bank statement. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, but FAR more importantly, don’t need fuck to love.

[quote=“Mac Davis”]I-I-I, I believe in music
Whoa-oh-oh-oh I, yes I believe in love[/quote]

[quote=“Doobie Brothers”]Down around the corner, half a mile from here
You see them long trains runnin’, and you watch 'em disappear
Without love, where would you be now
Without lo-o-ove

You know I saw Miss Lucy, down along the tracks
She lost her home and her family and she won’t be coming back
Without love, where would you be right now
Without lo-o-ove

Well the Illinois Central, and the Southern Central Freight
Got to keep on pushin’, mama, ‘cause you know they’re runnin’ late
Without love, where would you be now, na na now
Without lo-o-ove

Where pistons keep on turnin’, and the wheels go 'round and 'round
And the steel rails lie cold and hard on the mountains they go down
Without love, where would you be right now
Without love, ooh, where would you be now

[/quote]

YES! YES! YES!

THAT’s what I’m talking about![/quote]
I’d like to third that feeling. I’ve recently fallen in love with Linux and the whole opensource community :heart: .

I feel like the Accidental Tourist. Had forgotten about love. Wouldn’t have even considered dating her. And then suddenly you realize she’s what brightens your day more than anything else in your life… :lovestruck:

Damn those brain chemicals! :wink:

LOVE.

Is Probably the most complicated thing to understand when we are looking for it and yet the most clear one true thing in our life when we have it, (or at least from our current love-induced scrambled perception of it. When we think of past love, we often discredit that it was love because well . … .its just easier.

I guess love is different for everyone and is different in the many stages of our lives. I could have sworn that I loved my High School girlfriend, yet discredit it now as puppy love.

What is love to us when we are constantly changing throughout life. That forever love (which i think Kiana is talking about) is something we all want, but i’m sorry to say most likely doesnt exist. Sponsored by Hollywood movies, where after the action drama is all done the co-stars kiss each other and ride off into the sunset. Not too many sequels are made to show what happens to these people in the next two years, months, weeks. And of course the actors starring in the movie probably have a series of divorces in their past or whatever…

Should it be a joining of souls? Oh but then it threatens our independance and makes us feel like missing out on a lot of aspects in our life. “I would have done this, but my BF/GF didnt want me too.”

Does love allow that complete individual freedom that so many of seem to want after we have gotten out of long boring relationships. I can go on… and on… speculating, debating, wondering. But when it comes down to it, I like all of you, have no fuckin clue if that true romantic love thing still exists or really ever existed. Are there any 40 year olds, 50 year olds or even better, 80 year olds that can give us young twenty, thirty somethings some perspective.

MacG

Going on 10 years for me and I am preparing to live a life of solitude. I would give anything for some love in my life, and it wouldn’t have to be the kind from a romantic partner. The knowing of being supported, missed,needed and wanted by others who are signafigant(sp) in your life, means a lot also…

Don’t you have family?

Don’t you have family?[/quote]

Yes I have a family but you can’t make them do things they don’t want to do or incapable of doing. Everyone has their limits…

I used to believe in love so much, but after being cheated for couple times, i found myself way far from believing in love.
I’m now having an affair with a married man, I used to thought that he is as perfect family man who is so loyal to his marriage, and it turned out i was wrong.
Is that because i am so depressed about love or i’m trying to prove that no love last long.
I think one day i’ll still back to the “believing in love zone”, but i wonder if “love” believe in me while the moment has come.
And sometimes, i can’t really tell if that’s LOVE or LUST.

You’re an attractive, intelligent person. I’m sure there is someone out there for you. But sometimes you have to make those opportunities happen, by getting out and meeting more people, for example. Join groups, volunteer to help stray animals and clean beaches, join campouts, join hikes, etc., etc… Do language exchanges too. Several of my friends have gotten married that way, and I too have been particularly lucky with that, even though romance was the last thing on my mind when I signed up for it.

Resigning yourself to a life of solitude, if you mean that in a positive, healthy way, i.e., trying to give up on the strong desire for a partner, and learning to be happy and whole on your own (with support from family and friends of course) can sometimes be a very positive step. But don’t do it in a negative way, by becoming depressed, assuming that there’s something wrong with you if you’re solo, and so forth.

Chances are, if you’ve been alone for a number of years, that it’s because your own standards are very high, and that you’ve simply not yet met the guy or gal who meets them. Nothing wrong with that. It doesn’t mean that there’s anything wrong with you.

Cheer up, and best of luck!

PS- pls come join us for pizza and drinks on Monday at Alleycat’s Neihu!

I love to [have sex].

Edited by Moderator.

j99l88e77,

And how does that relate to love? Are you saying you don’t need love to have sex? Just clarifying. :smiley: