Do posters on forumosa represent (US) expats on Taiwan?

I disagree certain ones (not allowed personal attacks here right) suspend on emotional responses to their own political bias. It’s like walking on egg shells.

The thread on Islam was pertaining to why he disliked the philosophy of Islam and its political parts. You wouldn’t have to be right or left wing to dislike a religion. Plenty of people on the left dislike it too and Islam isn’t exactly left wing itself is it ?

They like to come on Forumosa and blow off steam because they can get away with it. They are not representative of the diverse political views out there.
You even have them openly promoting killing people . Most reasonable folks don’t even bother with the politics section these days.

1 Like

Rubbish …The international politics section may as well be called the American conservative trumptard section .

5 Likes

And the majority of those are not Americans.
Personally speaking, what I have met here in Taiwan so far, most people do not fit my close friend circle, and even though we share the same path of life, I can’t deal with them.
Anywhere else in Europe or the US, I connected very fast with the “foreigners” like me.
Also, we should consider that this is supposed to be a teachers forum. In Germany, most teachers are found on the more liberal spectrum.

1 Like

Because those whos political views is based on feelings. Tends of get destroyed in this format

But you are calling them truptards so you must be a leftie I guess or is that a safe space thing?

Yeah, right. There’s no real point to that thread. It’s more or less hateful for the sake of being hateful.

All religions have their flaws. Why would you single just one of them out like that for criticism?

Nope I call the that because that’s what they are. Or do you prefer the term ‘idiots’?

I can go with idiots if you prefer.

You’ll quickly realise I give as good as I get.
I shut down the idiotic Honduras thread pretty quick with FACTS.

1 Like

They were talking about Islam yes singling it out you could do the same against Christianity I wouldn’t care.

Oh no not all religions are the same rubbish.
Newsflash …Not all religions promote death for infidels, apostates, adulterers , blasphemers.

1 Like

in before this turns into another Islam debate thread…

yeah the president of the United States is in your opinion an idiot but you in Taiwan is?

You should question everything and often, especially something like religion. Why is religion a topic not open to criticism? Surely not all of them if any are right.

…A fecking genius in comparison :joy:

Almost certainly none of them are right. But why go out of your way to trash one? You might as well trash them all.

Because they are different and very complex?

Then why trash any. You never used to be a Muslim, right? You never studied it, have you? You probably aren’t qualified to moderate a nuanced discussion about Islam, and I’d venture to say no one else here is, either.

So you hate Islam. Good for you. Why not keep it to yourself? Why bother broadcasting all the things you hate about it? Very distasteful.

1 Like

The Honduras thread was a eye opener for me, jfc

A bunch of people from third world countries want to get to the us so it must be funded by Soros …

1 Like

Because it needs to be. I did study theology, monotheistic, polytheistic.

Why can’t I dislike something?

1 Like