Do posters on forumosa represent (US) expats on Taiwan?

you can lead a :horse: to water, but you canā€™t make him drink it

Business, economics, the media, persuasion. Most of the things that are important in a president, especially in the current environment.

1 Like

You got any link where he discusses any of these and comes off as he knows his shit? Perhaps some interview while he was running for president, or some interview after being elected

Iā€™m not your indentured servant you can google it yourself. Construction, Tourism, Trade, marketing, media, and now politics also being commander in chief of the most POWERFUL military in the world. Now what are your credentials ? Teaching ?

You donā€™t believe your own eyes? Itā€™s playing out in real time every day if you have your eyes open.

2 Likes

keep off the personal attacks or you will lose badly

He is from Queens.

Jussayinā€™

2 Likes

Haha I love this. Iā€™m going to start using it.

Yeah, Iā€™ve read the Straussā€“Howe generational theory and they probably have the best views on all that stuff. Thatā€™s a good point.

So, I provided you some examples to make my point but you havenā€™t really provided any examples more than just tell me to google it myself. It doesnā€™t come off very convincing. But, we can leave it at this.

I dont teach.

A lot of words now. Then you try the usualā€¦ā€˜but you donā€™t understand blah blahā€¦ā€™.

But taking YOUR original words at face value.

You compared Democrats politicians as being equivalent to nutjobs shooting up schools etc.

Thems your words.

If only

1 Like

His single most important qualification is that he won the 2016 Presidential election.

Winning a US election, especially a national election, is (outside Constitutional requirements) literally the only qualification necessary to hold many Federal offices in the USA, including the US Presidency. Itā€™s both sufficient and necessary to holding the office of POTUS.

The vast majority of Europeans (and many Americans) are horrified by it. For them itā€™s a bug. For most Americans, though, itā€™s a feature. Itā€™s one of the things that makes America exceptional.

4 Likes

Did you try googling that article in WSJ i gave a few threads earlier, or is that too hard to do?

just remember, Americans donā€™t care nor lose sleep over this.

But to humor you, from the article:

ā€œthe leftists hate Mr. Trumpā€™s vulgarity, his unwillingness to walk away from a fight, his bluntness, his certainty that America is exceptional, his mistrust of intellectuals, his love of simple ideas that work, and his refusal to believe that men and women are interchangeable. WORST OF ALL, HE HAS NO IDEALOGY EXCEPT GETTING THE JOB DONE. His goals are to do the task in front of him, not be pushed around, and otherwise enjoy himself. In short, he is a typical American - except exaggerated, because he has no constraints to cramp his style except the ones he himself invents.ā€

++++++

You keep hitting your head against the wall, asking WHY WHY WHY?
Sometimes the answers are so simple and right HERE in front of you.

2 Likes

I thought it makes America great. :grin:

1 Like

In Canada we elected a dude who past job experience was teaching snowboarding and drama to high school kids.

4 Likes

Typical American?
Billionaire Donald Trump born into life as a multi millionaire and life of luxury?

Except for that TYPICAL AMERICAN the typical American didnā€™t vote for him.
He didnā€™t win the popular vote of the people that bothered to vote.

IDEALOGYā€¦Is that a Trumpism or typical of a Typical American spelling :). I like it though. Idealogyā€¦

And yet ā€œJoe blow beer belly country folkā€ would rather vote for a billionaire who lives in a gold house with his name literally written on the side then a democrat.

Yikes!

1 Like

stop whining about the result , he WON now put the tissues away and move on boy

Hehe good Idealogy.

What is this elitist term Iā€™ve never heard before?