Do posters on forumosa represent (US) expats on Taiwan?

Ah, well, now you know which sport is not so popular on my planet of origin. :bowing:

(I had assumed “weak singles” was continuing the “adults who haven’t procreated shouldn’t be taken seriously” concept from an earlier discussion.)

1 Like

What do you guys play out there anyway? Squirgle?

2 Likes

My mistake. I have mangled the American, baseball-related metaphor “being on third base and mistaking it for hitting a triple.”

I meant that US Democrats think that - by virtue of NYT, CNN, MSNBC, etc., having become nothing more than Democrat shills for Democrat political positions - Democrat Congressional candidates have the moral high ground in 2018.

My sincere apologies. I should know better … but I still think US Democrats are as I’ve described them above: hypocritical, entitled, self-righteous, patronizing, and authoritarian. To begin with.

Laughable.

fify

I agree that the forumosans tend to be trumpers but do you think my topic on their being only two genders is far-right as well? Not everyone on the left has be PC. I was/am pro Bernie.

What do you expect from immigrants, which rights are ignored/repressed in their new homeland Republic of China?

What is your political color anyway ? Feminism mix with Taiwanese nationalism ? Nice combination. I doubt many of your comrades appreciate values of feminism. In most traditional/national Taiwanese families women come last

I don’t have time for you.

1 Like

This is the biggest load of horseshit I’ve ever read on this site.

4 Likes

Do posters on forumosa represent (us) expats on Taiwan?

Did you guys reach a conclusion? If so, what is the conclusion?

Yes and no. Nailed it!

2 Likes

You’re just triggered. It happens.

As far as I know there are no “far right” posters on forumosa. Those characterized as “far right” by Gain are not “far right.”

What’s more, there has been plenty of evidence provided that American leftists are hypocritical (Democrats are racist), entitled (Pocahontas), self-righteous (Trump and his supporters are fascists), patronizing (ok, that evidence has been mostly supplied by leftists here), and authoritarian (de-platforming e.g., Gab; if Americans don’t speak up against Trump then they must be racists; etc.).

If anything what I wrote is uncontroversial.

2 Likes

never once have I found inklings of the “Salem Witch Trials” mentality that you believe so fervently exist in the hearts, minds, and writings of those whom you consider to have different opinions from yourself on this forum. Please get off your high horse, before it might buck you.

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more

I suspect the right-leaning types tend to be more vocal in expressing their opinions, but I do think there are a lot of the anti-immigrant, anti-vaxxer, anti-BLM-type foreigners living and working in Taiwan, and making their views known on Facebook, Forumosa and so on. I know of one long-term resident expat Canadian whose views have shifted from the left to the right over the years to the point where many of his FB posts are now flagged as fake news.

The interesting thing with some of these people is that while their views could be described as verging on white supremacy, many of them are in relationships with Taiwanese women!

1 Like

I think you are right that there are possibly more than usual here but that’s because many of the western expats here are Americans.

I think that explains 90% of it to be honest.

I know one American guy , really nice guy in real life, here for decades, but on his Facebook holy shit he comes off as quite ignorant. I really don’t think that’s the essence of who he is but he just tugged into these culture wars even though almost all his life is in Taiwan since he was an adult.

It’s honestly better not to post any of that divisive stuff on social media. Some may do it here as they don’t want to do that with their name attached to it.

1 Like

Don’t forget that your average Taiwanese person or at least a significant minority could hold quite racist views. The government itself discriminates against people from poor countries…People of a certain skin colour. They don’t use colour but origin, in the end it’s two sides of the same coin.

That sounds racist but look at the society And how everything is set up before thinking foreigners are the most extreme or have more extreme views than their in-laws. I mean you just get called foreigner to your face everyday lol whether you like it or not.

3 Likes

The left have a narrative about this. Google ‘why do white supremacists love asian women’ and take your pick. People who are really racist probably wouldn’t have moved to Taiwan in the first place (unless they’re Asian, of course).

Me, though I don’t consider myself far right, but some on the left do.

Left-leaning people can also be anti-immigrant and anti-vaxxer. For me it’s less about Left and Right and more about extremist. They tend to be very similar in their theories and tactics.

4 Likes

you win the golden horseshoe

1 Like