Do Taiwanese girls like an aggressive/assertive male?

I’m an American, and have been friends with local girl for a bit. Lately, she’s been giving me some signals that indicate she’s looking for something more, but I can’t be sure. Do local girls prefer an aggressive man who’s upfront about feelings and leads the way, or or do they prefer a more passive, roundabout way of letting her know her feelings?

I understand that there’s no definite answer, as every girl will be different. It’s just that from my experiences so far, local women themselves (outside of pubs at least) tend to be quite withdrawn with their feelings, and shy away from assertive men. I don’t want to ruin a perfectly good friendship by being too forward, especially if that’s taboo in local customs. Any input would be most appreciated.

[quote=“TaiwaNate”]I’m an American, and have been friends with local girl for a bit. Lately, she’s been giving me some signals that indicate she’s looking for something more, but I can’t be sure. Do local girls prefer an aggressive man who’s upfront about feelings and leads the way, or or do they prefer a more passive, roundabout way of letting her know her feelings?

I understand that there’s no definite answer, as every girl will be different. It’s just that from my experiences so far, local women themselves (outside of pubs at least) tend to be quite withdrawn with their feelings, and shy away from assertive men. I don’t want to ruin a perfectly good friendship by being too forward, especially if that’s taboo in local customs. Any input would be most appreciated.[/quote]

Taboo? not really why dont you ask her what she wants instead of guessing.

I dont think they like “aggressive” but I do think many like a guy with a sense of direction. And who is a leader. CAlls her up, sets up the next date before the current one ends, that sort of stuff. She may need to be re-assured often that you are fond of her. Dont let her guess about that too much.

Eventually she will want to “run things” but she may like you to be a confident MAN.
But there are all sorts of women, no one formula fits all. So who knows? Actually I dont have a clue what would work for your girl. Gotta sniff her out as you go along.

How is that supposed to work? They’re on a date and he says, “Hold on, I gotta make a call,” excuses himself, steps outside and dials her number on his cell. Confused, she sees that he’s calling.

“H-hello?” she answers.

“Hi, it’s me. I just wanted to call and see if you’d like to go out again.”

“Oh, uh, OK, but isn’t this date still going on? Couldn’t you have just asked me inside? Or are you leaving…? Sorry, I’m confused.”

“No problem. I just like to be assertive. So then, pick you up at 8?”

:cool:

How is that supposed to work? They’re on a date and he says, “Hold on, I gotta make a call,” excuses himself, steps outside and dials her number on his cell. Confused, she sees that he’s calling.

“H-hello?” she answers.

“Oh, uh, OK, but isn’t this date still going on? Couldn’t you have just asked me inside? Or are you leaving…? Sorry, I’m confused.”

:sunglasses:[/quote]
Yeah something like that. :slight_smile: Heck if I was a chick that would work.

Be wary of the meek and shy Taiwanese woman, the one that appears to want a strong and dominant male. Be very wary. A lack of self-confidence and assertiveness in such a woman means that she will give you hell in all kinds of other ways !

You mean the psycho xiaojie? Classic case here in HK the other day. That’s her trussed up on the cart!

When love turns sour . . .

Edit: Link to an English translation. The hood is normal here in HK, and common enough in Taiwan. Used to spare the identity of suspects in criminal cases . . . but strapped to a trolley . . . with those heels and leather pants.

HG

WTF? Details? Why the face mask. Does she eat people too?

But for sure your meek and mild little girl will want to run YOU in due course !! They are NOT passive and Yes Women.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]You mean the psycho xiaojie? Classic case here in HK the other day. That’s her trussed up on the cart!

HG[/quote]

No, I am talking about the girl with no psycho tendencies at all. The kind that you might marry. The type that says yes to everything, doesn’t assert her point of view, while at the same time resenting you for not respecting her wishes and saving up all the shit for a later date. It’s a time lag thing. Doesn’t make for good communication.

Yes i know what you mean PGDAddy, I married one of those myself. They go volcanic on you later.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]. . but strapped to a trolley . . . with those heels and leather pants.

HG[/quote]

Those aren’t leather pants. No, I’m pretty sure those are hip-high hooker boots.

Wa ka! Sounds like Tokyo Joe!

HG

[quote]Q: When a foreigner slaps you in the face, would you stand still and do nothing in order to show that you are magnanimous?
A: No foreigner has ever slapped me in my face.

Q: Han Han, would you protest if your mother is raped by a foreigner?
A: No foreigner has ever raped my mother.[/quote]

Strange and confusing site–not one of journalism’s prouder moments.

Is this from the article that asks the immortal question, “Is love terrorism?”

The (girls) ones that like more assertive men usually don’t hang out with local guys as much if they can meet someone from abroad. Most girls here just like anywhere don’t really want a bossy jerk, but if your too soft it can be a turnoff too. The avg local guy here is lacking confidence, I’d say show confidence and be up front, just not arrogant. Almost every girl likes a guy that is confident, but respectful, balance it out! And feeeeel your way through it! :sunglasses:

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]You mean the psycho xiaojie? Classic case here in HK the other day. That’s her trussed up on the cart!

Edit: Link to an English translation. The hood is normal here in HK, and common enough in Taiwan. Used to spare the identity of suspects in criminal cases . . . but strapped to a trolley . . . with those heels and leather pants.

HG[/quote]

wtf is that?

“H-hello?” she answers.

:sunglasses:[/quote]

LOLLERCOASTER!

^^ that is some funny shit! :slight_smile: